COCKTAIL HOUR | Hazelnut & Lime Cocktail

Hazelnut & Lime Cocktail from Making Nice in the Midwest

After returning from a trip to Thailand, my good friend Josh served me this drink which immediately took its place at the top of my favorite cocktails list. He called it The Monk Gets Fresh, as an homage to the special ingredient, Franjelico- the hazelnut liqueur dressed as a monk. The cheeky name is right on- this drink is fresh, tart, and a little bit nutty. The Franjelico and lime pair together in a way you might expect in Thai cuisine, but in cocktail form will take you by surprise at their absolute (No pun intended, since I used Tanqueray.) deliciousness.

Hazelnut & Lime Cocktail from Making Nice in the MidwestFranjelico Cocktail Recipefranjelico cocktail

• 2 ounces of vodka
  • 1.5 ounces of Franjelico hazelnut liqueur
  • 1 large or 2 small limes
  • 6 ice cubes
  • cocktail shaker
  • (optional) jigger for measuring ounces
  • (optional) lime juicer

franjelico cocktailFill your cocktail shaker with two ice cubes. Slice both limes in half, cutting two slices to set aside for garnish, then juice them into the cocktail shaker. Add the vodka and hazelnut liqueur and shake until the ice is completely melted. Place two ice cubes in an 8 ounce glass, add one lime slice, cover with last two cubes, then add the contents of the cocktail shaker. Top with the remaining lime slice for a garnish, and enjoy your Thai-inspired hazelnut and lime cocktail!

Franjelico Cocktail RecipeFranjelico Cocktail Recipe

1. libby says:

Oh. My. Goodness.
    This excites me!

2. This looks so weird, which means I HAVE to try it soon! Fun!

Haha! I might not have tried it if josh had told me what it was. But he just put the drink and front of me and I was so surprised when I tasted it! I think you’ll like it.

3. I am *very* intrigued by this! I would never think to put hazelnuts and limes together…but I want to try!
    And, if you ever want to get rid of that adorable tumbler, you have a taker. ;)

4. Meredith says:

What a funky combination! It sounds delicious.

5. Collyn says:

This looks perfect for a blistering hot day, which just so happens to be….TODAY!

6. rosalynn says:

ooo, just made this. Very nice indeed. Next time I will use a little less lime and Franjelico. Thanks for a new cocktail recipe!

7. Kyle says:

The best! This is a staple in my house. I made this when my roommate’s family stopped by for dinner on a cross-country drive. My roommate’s dad was especially impressed by it. Later my roommate told me her dad doesn’t like mixed drinks at all so it made me feel even better about myself.

8. Deanna says:

This looks like a cocktail worth trying! Thanks for the recipe!