WHAT I WORE | Shopping My Own Closet

Mandi from Making Nice in the Midwest

After childbirth, cancer, and plenty of cookies, I moved my favorite clothes from my closet to storage, lest I look at them in longing, and feel like eating even more cookies after trying to squeeze myself into an old pair of shorts. It was sad. And it was taking its toll. But, guys…! I’m finally starting to feel like my old self again, and even fitting into my old shorts! Shopping my own closet is the best feeling. Donning these old shorts not only gives me something “new” to wear this Summer, but a little extra dose of confidence! Here’s to eating just one cookie, and fitting into that old dress hanging in the back of the closet!

O U T F I T   D E T A I L S :

shorts: Fletcher by Lyell at UO (3 years ago) | shirt: vintage | hat: vintage
shoes: TJ Maxx (Nine West) | purse: coming soon to Fine & Dandy Vintage
scarf: thrifted | jacket: thrifted | brooches: thrifted
photos by Phil

Mandi from Making Nice in the MidwestMandi from Making Nice in the MidwestMandi from Making Nice in the Midwestbasket box purse from Making Nice in the Midwestvintage brooches on Mandi from Making Nice in the Midwest

1. rachel says:

Enter cliche but…you are such an inspiration. So strong and beautiful. You go girl.

2. Kristian says:

Yay! You look so great and this is an uplifting thing to read first thing in the morning.

3. Meghan says:

Mandy! Im so happy for you! You have been through so so much and you are definitely coming out on top! Congrats and keep up the good work.

Meg
    eloquentbabble.blogspot.com

4. skunkboy says:

Mandi, you look absolutely amazing! Your smile is radiant. <3

5. Amanda says:

You look beautiful! It always feels so good when you get to wear something that you couldn’t for a while.

6. Becca says:

You look amazing! So glad to hear that you’re on the up and up and feeling great about yourself!

-Becca
    Ladyface Blog

7. Angela says:

Check you out! you look lovely- also love that you’re growing your hair out, its lush.

x

8. Oh, I am just in love with everything about this outfit (and you)! Summer feels like the perfect season to feel refreshed and confident–especially by shopping oldies but goodies in your own closet!

9. Sarah says:

yeah! I’m glad you are feeling better. Looking good!

10. Good job! So glad you are making the progress you want and you look great! Thanks for the inspiration!

11. Lisa says:

You’re amazing and amazingly beautiful as welll! plus I love that mint jacket.

12. Meredith says:

Congrats! While I know it’s all about how *you* feel in your own skin, you’ve always been beautiful!

13. You look lovely! Even though you always looked lovely, I can imagine the feeling, enjoy it to the full :-)

14. PS: forgot to say gorgeous broches!

15. Maricarr says:

Hot mama! You look really good in those shorts

16. Erin says:

you are the most adorable lady ever!

17. Krissy says:

So happy for you Mandi! i love those sweet little brooches!

18. melanie says:

you look awesome! i’ve never had the courage to wear shorts. such an inspiration!

19. Esther says:

You look lovely like always. Adorable outfit!

20. Karli says:

You look great. What a beautiful, vibrant top!

21. Friedel says:

Mandy, you look absolutly stunning and beautiful! I am so pleased to see you this way! And I admire your strength and your discipline!

22. Congratulations on fitting in your old shorts again. You can see the weight loss. You’ve been through so much in the past year. I am so glad that you are able to dress up and smile through it all.

23. You are rocking those shorts like they never had a break from your life! I think you deserve a cookie here and there for being so strong!

24. The colours in this outfit are perfect and I really like the photograph and mix of black and white with colour. x

25. Becky W says:

You look really great and I love your hair this length! Happy to see the return of the outfit post!

26. Hiya! I haven’t been by for a while (I switched from blogspot to wordpress and haven’t fully updated my reader yet). Anyways–wanted to say it was nice to see this post. You are looking really well. Sending positive vibes from Canada!

27. Pansy Lane says:

Oh you look so wonderful! <3

28. Emma says:

Hi! I’m a first time reader, and really excited to find another NEOhio blogger :) I live in Cleveland, and after reading your about page, I can definitely relate. It’s really easy to take this little corner of the world for granted. Everyone belly-aches about Ohio, but after going away from it (I lived abroad for a year) and then coming back, you realize how truly blessed we are to live here. I look forward to reading more of your blog!

Btw, you look beautiful :)

Emma