Mandi’s Most Wanted: Vintage-Inspired Eyewear

vintage prescription eye glasses cheap

The hunt has begun! I’ve been wearing my eye glasses a lot more often these days, so I thought it would be nice to add a new pair of frames to the rotation. I’m looking for vintage-inspired eye glasses that are affordable and will go well with that heavily ’60s influenced wardrobe of mine. If you remember my vintage sunglasses round-up last Summer, I’ve been obsessed with the cat eye style, and now I’m thinking about that style for daily wear! But I’m also considering a more traditional plastic frame. Oh, decisions, decisions! Which style do you think I should go for?

vintage inspired eyewear Purple Subtle Cat Eye Glasses - $99
vintage inspired eyewear Translucent Light Brown Cat Eye Glasses – $63.99
vintage inspired eyewear Dramatic Black Cat Eye Glasses – $216.99
vintage inspired eyewear Purple Rounded Cat Eye Glasses – $129.60
vintage inspired eyewear Tortoise Cat Eye Ray Bans – $121.99
vintage inspired eyewear Modern Black Cat Eye Glasses – $99
vintage inspired eyewear Pink Oval Eye Glasses – $138.99
vintage inspired eyewear Black Rounded Eye Glasses – $99
vintage inspired eyewear Semi-Rimmed Wayfarers – $99
vintage inspired eyewear Rounded Tortoise Eye Glasses – $99.99
vintage inspired eyewear Rounded Tortoise Wayfarers – $95
vintage inspired eyewear Blue Wayfarers – $95

vintage inspired eye glasses

1. Kipin says:

Check out the Finley frames from Warby Parker, they are my favorite!

2. kathryn says:

i also have a warby parker pair (zagg) that i love. highly recommend that brand!

3. Joy @ OSS says:

these are all so cute!

4. Chloe Moon says:

I’ve always wanted to wear cat eye glasses. They look so cool to me…I need to find somewhere that makes them without prescription!!!

5. Jiji says:

I’m digging #2 and #9, so cute!

6. So much choice!

I just bought the Scout Marilyn frames from Glasses Direct.They are very similar to the Tortoise Cat Eye RayBans. I love mine- would totally recommend them!

7. Heather says:

Check ZenniOptical.com for cat eye glasses. They’re super cheap and you can have them made without a prescription and also make any pair into sunglasses for $5 more!

8. Lauren says:

I love number nine! Glasses are always such a hard choice, I’m too chicken to buy them on the internet and not be able to try them on!

9. Stefanie says:

Im loving #2 and #9. Im scared of purchasing online because of my high prescription I can’t get some frames because the lens won’t fit. :( Im really like the lighter coloured plastic frames, I sometimes feel that the darker frames standout too much, and they are quite common now too.

10. Inna says:

I really love this etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Vintage50sEyewear
    I have two pairs that I took to a wholesale optical lab type place and had them lensed for $25 a pair!

Yeah, the ones I have now I got on Etsy for a whopping $7! And then it didn’t cost much to get my prescription put in, though I always opt for the add-ons, like lens coating and whatnot. What I’d really like, is to amass a collection of different styles that would go well with different outfits! My prescription hasn’t changed much, so I’ll still hang on to the ones I have. :)

11. Casey says:

This is so timely for me! I’ve been needing to replace my glasses frames for, well, years. (We won’t go into *how* many years… lol. I wear contacts daily, and honestly my prescription hasn’t changed very much in my 20s!) But I’ve wanted something kind of retro. I’ve been also eyeing the Spitfire frames from Rivet and Sway (in red!); have you seen those? http://rivetandsway.com/womens-glasses/spitfire#Black-Crystal

Now just to make a decision and actually order them… (The hard part!)

12. Sunnie says:

As someone who’s family has owned an optical for over 45 years, of which I’ve worked the last 13 (not that that makes my opinion more valuable) I vote for #9!

13. I recently got a free pair of cat-eye glasses from Coastal.com (haven’t photographed myself in them even though I’ve had them for a month now). I got the clear ones but they have 4 color choices or something. I have a thing for tortoise shell and love #5!!

14. Mary says:

I am going to agree with Heather. Zenni Opitical has some GREAT choices (I have three pairs from them). I would recommend style number 489725. I actually have these and wear them every day. (http://mediacdn.zennioptical.com/catalog/product/cache/1/image/a6dc22ef430e0638740fa9145e86c374/m/o/more_detail_2_124.jpg) And style 487615. You can’t beat their prices. But if you do get them remember to get the anti-reflective film. It is worth the $5 extra!

(http://mediacdn.zennioptical.com/catalog/product/cache/1/image/a6dc22ef430e0638740fa9145e86c374/o/r/order_detail_31_39.jpg)

15. JennyOH says:

I have two pairs of cat-eye glasses that I’ve bought from coastal.com (got both free with their occasional codes, too! FIRSTPAIRFREE works for, obviously, your first pair). One is Derek Cardigan. Looks-wise, they are awesome. However they’re fairly heavy and tend to slip down and leave a mark on the bridge of my nose. The other pair are by Love, and are a slightly less-pronounced cat-eye than the DC’s, also lighter.