A Sweet Brunch with DIY Beaded Kabobs

It’s officially Summertime, and now that Phil can sleep in whenever he likes, I’m certainly not above bribing him with treating ourselves to a sweet breakfast as incentive to get ourselves out of bed on these hot days. I used the wooden bead skewer project to throw together a quick and simple breakfast that we could enjoy while sipping on cool drinks on our shaded patio.

I cut out the greens of the strawberries to give each piece of fruit a heart shape, and stacked them on the kabobs with glazed doughnut holes. For our drinks, I trimmed down the skewers and speared strawberries to garnish our juice glasses. I was really wishing I could make passion fruit mimosas… but alas. I’ll have to wait for baby to come first to enjoy a decadent breakfast like that! For now? Doughnuts and strawberries will definitely do just fine!

1. Ashlee says:

Lovely! This set up looks amazing. I wish I had that waiting for me when I get up in the mornings! YUM.

2. Rebecca says:

These are absolutely the cutest!!
    I picked up supplies to create my own this weekend – just with a little bit of a different flare!

Now, let’s go find me some strawberries…

3. Courteney says:

Cutest thing ever! I love the heart shaped strawberries. ;)
    We used to have a covered patio at our old house and I miss it like crazy. Summer breakfasts aren’t the same when you don’t have a yard or patio to enjoy them in. :(

4. alison says:

These are adorable! The perfect idea for my husband’s birthday. It’s not until October, but I know he’ll love something like this.

5. cj says:

this is waaaay too cute!

6. these are lovely, but I’m allergic to fruit. alas.

7. Mara says:

SO cute! I love this idea, and it looks really tasty!

8. Oh this just looks heavenly. Love all the vibrant red colours. That would get me out of bed in a heartbeat! xx

9. ronnie says:

omg, thought they were bananas at first, but doughnut holes – waaay better!! And then, you made the skewers – awesome!!!