WHAT I WORE | Maternity Style – 27 Weeks

There’s still 13 weeks of brewing this baby, if all goes well… but gosh darn if I don’t feel big enough already! I think the rest of me is catching up with my belly, slowly but surely. So I’ve been thinking about wearing black more often to feel a little slimmer. Something I normally don’t give a rat’s tail about. I’ve got to admit, I’m starting to wonder if I can keep up my attempts at stylish maternity wear during this last trimester. What’s a girl to do when she turns into a giant blueberry blackberry? They might have to roll me into the delivery room, Violet Beauregarde style.

O U T F I T   D E T A I L S :

dress: ASOS Maternity (no longer available) | tights: ASOS | hat: Medina Antique Mall
necklace: thrifted | shoes: thrifted (Hush Puppies, so comfy!)

1. You look beautiful Mandi. I love the pop of colour with your yellow hat and red necklace. I agree with you on the Hush Puppies shoes. I swear by them as an on-your-feet-all-day teacher. I do think that a slob-out day every now and then is good for the soul. I’m currently in a baggy t-shirt and shorts with a blanket on the sofa and couldn’t be happier! xx

Today I am wearing a Snoopie tank top and black leggings! haha So don’t worry… I definitely can’t keep up with this dressing up all the time, especially while my belly is expanding. Normally, I just throw on a dress, which is comfy, easy, and fools people into thinking I am so well put together! Now most of my dresses don’t fit. Sigh. Oh well! Someday they’ll fit again, and it will be like they’re new again!

2. mandie says:

First of all- darling!
    Second- I am SO glad you moved your blog as I can actually see your photos while I’m at work reading! :) I used to have to bookmark & remember to look when I got home.

Love those tights- very cute.

3. Dom says:

So cute! Your tights are super adorable! And you make black in summer dressy look easy breezy! :)

4. Anke says:

These photos are AMAZING! You sure are the prettiest blackberry I’ve ever seen!

5. You look great! I would definitely give yourself a break if stylish is hard to keep up with in the end! No one will judge! If they do they don’t count anyway!

Also, did you mean to say Violent Beauregarde? Because Violent instead of Violet is a funny slip :)

BTW I love the name Violet!!

Ha! Thanks for pointing that out! Yep, I definitely meant Violet. But maybe the typo was a freudian slip, due to Violet’s violent end? ;)

6. I have been wondering how I will last the next 9 weeks. I had a bit of a breakdown about it the other day, because as much as I know the weight gain is for the baby, it still is a shock to see on the scale. I think I might just forget the scale for the rest of the pregnancy.

With that said, you look fabulous!

Oh my gosh! I had a similar breakdown today, and I’m barely into my third trimester! haha I’m just sick of wearing the same thing all the time, and I’m feeling less pretty as the days go on. I might just hide away for the last month. Sigh.

7. Erin V says:

I am 26 weeks pregnant and am loving your style posts. I pretty much live in dresses and skirts. So far my dresses mostly fit (due to lots of empire waist styles) but I am starting to feel a little frumpy with the choices I have. I have been putting the clothes that don’t fit me away in a box so I don’t see them and feel discouraged. The down side is that my closet is shrinking and sometimes I just don’t want to wear any of it! Thanks for the inspiration! I really like your new blog. I’m a midwestern gal myself. :)

8. Amanda says:

That hat is great. I always admire your hat choices and the fact that you don’t just buy them, you wear them! It’s a great way to add extra style to any outfit.

9. Lis says:

Don’t fret. I outgrew most maternity clothes by 6 months (what the heck?!), but fortunately I didn’t gain too much after that. Also, despite concerns about weight gain, I lost most of the baby weight in the first month (not intentionally, I just had a hungry baby!). Not saying everyone does, just saying you don’t know what will happen, so no point in stressing.

10. Kristian says:

Well, you look lovely here, so I wouldn’t stress too bad. And if you don’t feel like dressing up, that’s fine too! Hope all is going well as these last few weeks progress.

11. aww I adore how your hair looks in these shots!! Do you get annoyed ever by people spelling “doughnut” “donut”? I do. You aren’t turning Violet and so thankfully you won’t need any juicing!!!

12. You look so fun and carefree! Love the yellow pop! :)

13. danielle says:

love the new blog and hoe cute is that bump? I am dying to see that babe of yours and Phil! Are you decorating the babies room yet? I want to come over and see, I’m sure it’s going to be adorable!!