The Lunch Files | Curried Veggie Burger Pita
I'm headed into my second trimester of pregnancy this week (woo hoo!), and I've been ecstatic to find my normal appetite returning. Two weeks ago I made a mild curry dish, hoping the carrots, rice and potatoes would be subtle enough for me to actually stomach- but no dice. So now that I can stand to smell yummy food again, I thought I'd give curry another go! This time in the form of a veggie patty.
I have tried this veggie patty recipe before, but attempted to blend the ingredients in a blender. Big mistake. The second time around worked much better, but I think I might've blended it too well, because the batter sort of turned into paste. Still, I cooked up some patties and found that they kept their shape better when reheated the next day. Such a yummy, satisfying lunch. And not too shabby in the health department, either!
M Y C U R R I E D V E G G I E B U R G E R P I T A I N C L U D E S :
- Arnold's 8 grain Pocket Thin
- hummus (spread on inside top and bottom of pita)
- green lettuce
- thinly sliced tomato (two slices)
- thinly sliced onion (I used all the parts of one slice)
- veggie patty (recipe via Veggie Num Num)
- 2 dill pickle spears on the side