Bedroom Sneak Peeks

Hanging-hats-vintage-bedroom

So, my bedroom is coming along well! Just a couple more construction projects (involving a table saw and woodglue) before most everything is complete. I’m also making a coverlette for my bed, but more on that another day. :) If you like to see the before photos, check out this and this post from last Fall.

Hanging-pastels-vintage-clothes

The biggest change to the room is turning it into what I call a sleep-in-closet. So, a lot of the wall space is covered with clothing racks for all of my vintage clothes. In rearranging the room, I was also able to utilize the great empty space that was in the middle of the room before. In the final reveal, I’ll share a floorplan before and after.

Also, I picked up some cute things from antique malls this week! I’m not sure which items will be staying in the bedroom, and which will make their way into the living room. But I was quite proud to score all of these things for less than $80 total. Antiquing in Ohio is pretty much the greatest. :)

Hanging-tapestries-needlework-crewel-vintage-hat-box

1. Rachel says:

I just love the hats on the wall. Now I need to persuade the fella to let me have a sleep in closet as well…

2. Amy Morby says:

The hat wall is my favorite. What a pretty way to display all of your amazing gems. I love the wall color, too. All so pretty!

3. Sasha says:

I love how you displayed the hats!

4. elise says:

funshine! love the color order dress rack.

5. Becky says:

The hat wall is awesome!

6. Ulrika says:

I too, have put my hats up on the wall! i don’t have as many as you, but i like it anyways! thanks for a blog with great inspiration for both personal clothing style and home stuff!!

7. zelina says:

i love it so much! it’s turning out stunning!

8. Theresa says:

Love the sneak peeks! Cant wait to see the final photos. Seems that the bedroom is the last to be settled as the door can be closed if need be (in my case at least).
    We just posted images of our small appartment, take a look if you like! It is constantly a work in progress.

9. a sleep in closet sounds like a dream

10. Rachael Sue says:

How funny! “A sleep in closet”!! I just added thing where a couple rods are screwed into one of my walls in my room. I have a lot of my clothes hanging on it & have my shoes lined up on a bookcase on the adjacent wall. It’s a very small room w/ no actual “closet” AT ALL.. so I decided to just make it a walk-closet that just happens to have a bed in it. =D

11. Jamie says:

Can’t wait to see the rest! Love that you have matching hangers and that you’ve color organize your wardrobe. Aaand I’m jealous of your antique finds!

12. JenCal says:

“Sleep in Closet” I love it!

13. Great, your bed room is so clean, and well decorated, I just love the paintings in your room. If you see my bedroom, then you will definitely be shocked, as every thing is messed up there , but still I say, my room sweet room :)

14. Clara. says:

Beautiful hats, pretty clothes on the dress rack, and the sweet colours of the wall you’ve got there!
    It’s like a little girl’s dream room… ;)
    Can’t wait to see the completed room!!!

15. Michelle says:

Well, what I can see of your wardrobe is AMAZING! I’m so envious of your collection of colourful clothing – especially the yellows! Your hats are so beautiful, too.

16. Mallory G says:

If you’re ever in New Philadelphia, go to Riverfront Antique Mall. I worked there through my high school years and can tell you where all the deals are at!

17. Cute stuff! I adore a grouping of hats on the wall! Too fun!

18. Emily Berry says:

Your hats remind me of this lovely short film…

19. Deanna says:

Oooh it looks so great! The pictures are totally inspiring! <3 Can’t wait to see the finished product.
    <3 Deanna

20. oooh you’re killin’ me, i can’t wait to see it when it’s all done! want to go rearrange a room now…hehehe

21. Edy Colifa says:

all you is love and loving.

22. Becky says:

Oh…my….goodness. Are those embroidered/crewel pieces? >Jealous!

23. I saw your place in Frankie Magazine’s Spaces and absolutely fell in love. I am so sad that we have nowhere near as good thrifting spots in Australia so I can only dream of a space as pretty as yours, but I am planning on funking it up a little with some diy pillows and bunting. So excited to see the final result of your place!!