Elephant Bread

Elephant bread

I tend to go through cycles in my guilty pleasures. But recently, it has been elephant bread. I was taught the skills of making this sinfully delicious treat by my mother’s best friend, and I shall forever be indebted to her. All you need to make it is a piece of toast (lightly toasted), peanut butter, and marshmallows.

Elephant bread2

First, preheat your oven to about 400 degrees. Then, spread a good coating of peanut butter on your toast. I loooove Smuckers all natural peanut butter, and I also buy it to support a local business. (Smuckers is based in Orrville, Ohio, which is about 30 minutes from where I live.) Place marshmallows evenly across the peanut butter and then pop it in the oven (on a cookie sheet), and toast for about 8 minutes or until the marshmallows are puffed and slightly golden brown.

Elephant bread3

I remove the bread from the oven with a gigantic burger flipper (which I never use on burgers, by the way! ha!) and then let it cool for a minute or two before enjoying the bit of heaven in my mouth. I’m telling you, this treat hits the spot.

1. Chaucee says:

Definitely want to try this out sometime!

2. Erica B. says:

Oooh, this looks so yummy. I love anything with marshmallows!!

3. Victoria says:

looks great. I shall try it sometime. . . without my kids seeing because I don’t want htem to stuff up on sweets!! haha.

4. "miss" james says:

ummm… i’m running to the kitchen to make this now.

5. amy says:

ohhh…yes. i am a little obsessed with s’mores (which i always add peanut butter to), so this looks like a nice little variation i will have to try. sweetness.

6. cait says:

Holy cow that looks amazing!!!

7. O M G!!!!!!!!
    Thank you. I’m a fan of all three ingredients :)

8. Shirin says:

I’ve never even heard of such a thing! It’s like the smore’s less fancy, but actually better looking cousin. That last photo is so pretty.
    Would probably taste good with some chocolate, too. Maybe a layer of nutella under the PB?

9. cassie says:

three words:
    oh my gosh!
    Trying this!!!!!

10. oh, my, yum! i’m thinking chocolate chips and a layer of peanut butter. off to the kitchen! xo, juliette

11. lilith says:

oh my gooood I have to try that! not with peanut butter but nutella maybe…

12. emily says:

wow, that looks delicous! I like peanut butter and honey but I will have to try that :)

13. cat says:

My DH calls it Fluffer Nutter. Except they use marshmellow cream/Fluff + PB+ bread = Fluffer Nutter.

14. Amber Lee D. says:

oh…my daughter would so love this treat! I will have to make it for her this weekend!

15. Coralene says:

That looks so, so grossly unhealthy. I can’t wait to eat twenty of them. Thank you, I never would have thought to put those two things together.

16. This is seriously going to kill my low carb eating plan, but I just might have to try this one. :)

17. Tamia says:

That looks like the loophole in my “no desserts during the week” plan. YES.
    I didn’t know you were in Ohio! *waving from Cincinnati*

18. Jnae says:

I remember Fluffer Nutters as previously mentioned. They are made with Fluff a marshmellow cream and peanut butter. I can’t get Fluff in California so I will try this various. Can’t wait.

19. this looks so good! i want to try it for our weekend brunch! i wonder if i can make these with just an oven toaster? there’s no oven in my boyfriend’s apt. hope you can reply to this. :)

20. Mandi says:

Oh, you can definitely make it in a toaster oven! I sometimes just use a microwave. Its pretty much just use what you have. :)

21. […] Elephant Bread (via MAKING NICE IN THE MIDWEST) […]