Our Kitchen Renovation Progress

Kitchen renovation- Making Nice in the Midwest

It was about halfway through our kitchen renovation that I started feeling incredibly anxious. It might have been my irrational feeling that my kitchen would never ever be clean again, or maybe the real struggle of keeping a toddler from constantly climbing one of the two ladders that were always standing about. After I forced myself to let go of the pressure (and sent Lucy to my parents for the night), I decided to just plow forward, nose to the grindstone, and bust out as much work as possible so we could get back to normal.

Kitchen renovation- Making Nice in the Midwest

Two 4AM bedtimes later, I went from a near breakdown in a cluttered house and ripped up kitchen with no counters (see image above) to exhaustedly sipping fresh coffee in an almost finished kitchen! (See last image for our current progress.) We still have a few things left to do, like install the ceiling ventilation to replace the hood vent, change out the overhead light, mount the under-shelf lights, and a little bit more accessorizing. But we’re almost there, and I’m so excited to share my post recent progress today at A Beautiful Mess.

Check out all of my kitchen renovation posts below:

Kitchen renovation- Making Nice in the Midwest

1. Joelle says:

So so very good…

2. rebecca says:

your kitchen looks so incredible, mandi! the black cabinets are so chic.

3. Bird says:

Wow this kitchen changed to an incredible beautiful place! I would love to make food for my family there…

Love from Germany and the -fatcatconnection-
    and have a wonderful weekend

Bird

4. Colleen says:

I absolutely love it, especially the counters and the brass hardware

5. Courteney says:

This is so perfect! And it suits your house so well. As someone who has been house-hunting for just the last month, I appreciate so much when a home owner takes the style of the house into consideration when doing renovations. I’m pretty tired of seeing Home Depot country style kitchens in 1960’s houses. Seriously!!

6. Laura Gwinn says:

Your reno project is turning out perfection! Also, can I just say you look awesome in safety glasses? :)

7. Can I just tell you how very much I am enjoying this series of posts!? I really love your combination of open shelving AND closed upper cupboards. Like you, I have SOME things that I would love to display on open shelving (vintage pyrex, my “good” dishes) but lots of other clutter that I want to hide (toddler dishes, sippy cups, endless Tupperware…) — it’s really inspirational to see a beautiful yet FUNCTIONAL family kitchen!

We’re working on our bathroom first, then the living room (just needs painted) and then the kitchen… so much work to be done. We’re lucky we’re not LIVING in the house while trying to remodel everything. I don’t know how you did it with Lucy there! I’ve had Myles while I was working a couple times and it is SO hard. I’m grateful for days when I have a babysitter and can really get work done!

8. Oh, it’s looking so beautiful! I’m glad you were able to get all the work done; I think I’d have a breakdown doing all of that, too!

9. allie says:

It looks so awesome! Wish I could have seen it in person when I was in Ohio. Man, I miss it. :) Miss you <3

10. tosha says:

THOSE SHELF BRACKETS! Where did you get them? I must have them for a project I’m working on!

11. John says:

Great job on the kitchen. Might I add you are a gifted photographer!

12. Jodi says:

May I ask where you purchased your hardware?

13. alexandria says:

Mandi!

I am so happy to find another Ohio blogger!!! My blog has just really started, but I was worried that in a state like Ohio, there wouldn’t be anyone blogging my age. I too am from around the Akron-Canton area. Your blog is so clean and refreshing. I can’t wait to follow along!

xoxo
    alexandria

14. Eduarda says:

I’m just utterly in love with your kitchen. Such beautiful combination of colours and mixes. And very organised! <3

15. I prefer the dear info you provide with your articles or blog posts. I’ll search for your weblog look again listed here regularly. We’re moderately sure I am going to find out many brand-new things right here! Enjoy for one more!

16. Julia says:

I am so impressed with your lovely kitchen. I have pinned your progress posts and hope to use some of your steps in the future! Thanks Mandi. I’ve been a reader for years – and am so glad to see your posts on ABM again!

17. Paige Jones says:

love this!! it looks great. question – have you noticed any negative effects after removing your oven vent? we have a gas stove and and really old (and ugly) vent above and I’ve been wanting to remove it to allow for some open shelving but I’m worried about cooking without a vent – have you noticed an excess amount of grease pileup on your surround cabinets/shelves?

I haven’t noticed any ill effects yet, but if I do, I’m not opposed to putting up a vent again. We do have a vent in the ceiling, not sure if you noticed that?

18. Amanda says:

You kitchen renovation came out so wonderfully! I love the nice clean white throughout.