Come to My Style Workshop Next Week!

clothing yourself with confidence

Ever find yourself admiring someone’s style and thinking, “I could never pull that off!” I used to say that quite a bit, before I started really exploring my own personal style and developing confidence along the way. My gals at First Friends in Canton, Ohio asked me to host a workshop at their 2014 Spring Women’s Conference to encourage other women with practical tips for developing their personal style and confidence. I’m so excited! Encouraging other women while talking about how fashion fits into our real lives? It’s an opportunity I couldn’t pass up.

I attended my first women’s conference at my church two years ago, and had always thought those events were geared towards older, super Christian women. But the ladies at First Friends just want to put together a refreshing time to connect with other gals over good food and clean fun, with lots of inspirational moments mixed in. If you’re not into the whole church thing, I think you’ll still enjoy the event- it’s jam packed with practical encouragement and fun for all kinds of women! There are a few workshops to choose from- even one that includes a couple of my Italian friends teaching how to make pasta from scratch! Seriously- something for everyone.

The conference takes place at First Friends in Canton, Ohio (on the corner of 55th and Market Ave.) on March 28th & 29th. Cost is only $40, but registration ends this Sunday (March 23). You can check out more information at their website here, and call the church to register. (Psst! Childcare is even provided!)

I hope to see some of you there! I’d love to meet you in person. If you have any questions, feel free to message me or leave a comment below.

1. rachel says:

I teach high school and I run a female empowerment group (for lack of a better term). And we have “Wear What You Want Wendesday” because so many of my students what to dress a certain way but feel like they can’t for whatever reason. But when they all wear the things they are afraid to, they gain some confidence. One girl always wears a pencil skirt, and it’s great.

That’s a good idea! It’s so difficult to develop a personal style in high school because of the unspoken pressure to just fit in. I didn’t feel confident in trying to “pull off” different looks until, like, the day after graduation! haha

2. Jenni says:

Fun! I remember going to a ladies retreat that my home church hosted one year. I went with a friend and I think we were the only ones there under 40, but it was a lot of fun! Older woman have so much wisdom to offer and they loved having us young’uns come along!

That’s how it used to be, I guess, at my church! Recently they brought a different lady on board, and she is now in charge of women’s ministry with a goal to reach out to the women of my generation who aren’t as likely to come to these sorts of things. :) I can honestly say the first women’s conference I went to two years ago was a mix, but the majority were women my mother’s age, but then over the Summer I went to another event, and it was pretty equal across the board. So cool to see women there even younger than me, and some teenagers too!

3. Ana says:

I love the concept behind this – so great. :)

4. What a fabulous idea! And girl, you are just the woman to teach it. :) Hope this turns out great for you!

5. Lindsay says:

I would be all over this if I lived in the area. Hopefully you will post a couple of your tips on the blog after the conference? LOVE your style!

6. Allison says:

Do you know what time your workshop will be? I’d love to stop by.

I’m afraid you’ll only be able to attend if you signed up for the workshop after registering for the conference. Sorry! I don’t know when I’ll have the opportunity to do something like this again.