WHAT I WORE: Vintage Ohio State

Mandi from Making Nice in the Midwest

Folks in Ohio sure love their college sports. I play along with the craziness because I married into it, but also it’s secretly kind of fun. Family Christmas wish lists are usually littered with Buckeye apparel, but thankfully God gave us Homage, so at least I can snag some well designed fan apparel for my handsome husband to wear. But for me? I’m not exactly the t-shirt and hoodie kind of gal, though I’m honestly not opposed to snuggling up in them during a movie night at home. So when I stumbled on this vintage Ohio State sweater at the thrift store, I basically flipped my lid. The sweater features a smiling Snoopy waving an OSU penant, and an OSU border across the top and bottom. It’s quite the perfect novelty sweater and looks great alongside my vintage clothes. I think it might be one of the first things I’d consider grabbing in case of a fire. What a find!

O U T F I T   D E T A I L S :

sweater: thrifted / shirt: thrifted / coat: similar / shoes / hat / pants: thrifted

P.S. Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoy time to relax with family. We’ll be honoring the birth of Christ with my family at my parents’ home together with Phil’s family- so glad to have everyone all together in one day!

Mandi from Making Nice in the Midwest

Mandi from Making Nice in the Midwest

Mandi from Making Nice in the Midwest

Mandi from Making Nice in the Midwest

1. Kristian says:

Ha! And adorable bit of sportswear indeed!

2. Amia says:

That is such a cute sweater! Perfect! :)
    Amia

3. skye says:

Your was one of the first fashion blogs I started reading (I was a lurker long before I ever commented), and you consistently blow me away. Not only with outfits, but with photography, settings, and sheer appreciation for vintage. Keep doing you. Merry Christmas!

4. Jessica says:

You make a beret look fabulous!,

5. Jenny says:

As an Ohio girl, Buckeye alum, and vintage fan myself, I can only say one thing… JEALOUS!!!

6. Michaela N. says:

Hey just wanted to say that i am so glad you are around. i read your blog back in 2009 and 2010! i took a break from reading blogs (made me procrastinate too much) ha. and then came back and picked up a couple different ones. The other day i thought what happened to that cool girl with that awesome floral tattoo. So today i opened my computer and went to A Beautiful Mess and there you were. love the new blog. A lot has happened since 2010, love where you are going now!

7. Ashley says:

This is so cute I’ll have to put my OSU hatred aside and compliment your find.

xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

8. Looking cute while repping your teams is hard! I needed this inspiration. Thanks Mandi!

9. Anna says:

Have you seen homages new sweatpants?! They look comfy cozy. And I have that snoopy sweater too!

10. Briseidy says:

these are incredible photos! just found your blog and love it!
    new follower ;)