WHAT I WORE | Mini for the Win(i)

Mandi from Making Nice in the Midwest

Cleveland isn’t exactly known for its winning sports teams, just as I’m not especially known for my sports enthusiasm. But I do have a lot of local pride, and my husband enjoys his fair share of sports fanatacism. So, why not gear up for the Brownies’ regular season play with an homage to the weirdly colored NFL team? I will say, it’s easy to love ’70s style and be a Browns fan simultaneously. I just haven’t mastered the latter.

O U T F I T   D E T A I L S :

dress: available at Fine & Dandy Vintage | socks: ASOS | collar: old ASOS, similar one here
shoes: used Jones Wear from eBay | purse: thrifted | Lucy’s clothes: thrifted
photos by Phil

Mandi from Making Nice in the MidwestMandi from Making Nice in the MidwestMandi and Lucy from Making Nice in the MidwestMandi and Lucy from Making Nice in the Midwest click for more

1. Shy says:

I’ve missed your style lately! You look absolutely wonderful though and I’m glad your back!! Lucy is like an exact little replica of you! too cute!

2. Aw, you look absolutely beautiful, Mandi! Adore the pairing of stripes and that dress is so dreamy!!

xo
    By The Shore

3. being erica says:

omgawd SO adorable. the socks are killing me.

4. The Cleveland Browns were cool in the 70s, I thought. . .at least I loved learning about them when I was a little girl and my older brothers watched LOADS of football videos about players and such. . .I thought it was great. This outfit is really cute!

5. Ashlee says:

Awh! The little looks SO adorable! Also, those bright orange socks rock!

6. Marissa says:

You’re SOOOOO adorable. :)

7. Kristian says:

A cute look. Lol though, my alma mater (University of Wyoming; the Cowboys) had brown and “game day gold” (a bright mustardy yellow) as their colors too!

8. Becca says:

You and your little one are too cute! Love both of your outfits!

-Becca
    Ladyface Blog

9. Sarah says:

She has the most gorgeous hair! And your dress is adorable!

Sarah

10. Angela says:

Wow Mandi, you are looking amazing! Have you had your hair coloured? The last pic of you and Lucie is very sweet.

Thank you! This is my natural color. I chopped all my dyed hair a couple of years ago and have been trying to grow out my natural hair since then. Before I chopped it all off, it was pretty damaged from when I had it all bleached out to go strawberry blonde and had maintained that for some months. Loooots of damage. :)

11. Merci says:

I love your hair like that! Lucy reminds me of my little girl . . she is petite, too :) I love how you find such unique thrifted outfits for her. It’s hard to find good stuff here in So Cal.

12. Amia says:

I love the Browns outfit, the dress is too cute! I’m going to the sept 7th game I can’t wait. Go Brownies!
    Amia
    www,teapotsandbelles.blogspot.com

13. danielle thompson says:

this is so adorable. You look great! and i agree, love your hair like that! so easy-going : )

14. Kelly says:

Great dress Mandi and I’m loving your cute socks too

15. Jessica says:

You look amazing! You seem to be glowing! I hope you take this as a compliment – you look so slender!

16. Mia Malene says:

You look so gorgeous and radiant! And so does your daughter!

17. candace says:

Super cute dress! My man is a diehard Cleveland sports fan, and while I hate football, I do admit I like the Browns 70s-tastic colors! I think their uniforms look like tootsie rolls.

18. Mabel says:

All I have to say to this is…GO STEELERS!!! lol.

My hometown is halfway between Cle and Pgh and it has both Steelers and Browns fans. I always want the Browns to win because I feel bad, but I’m a Steelers fan :) Your outfit is awesome, though!!

I really do love Cleveland as a city, however. Have you gone to Melt Bar??

Mabel
    Life of Mabel

Yes, I love Melt! And even here in Canton, there are a mix of Steeler fans and Browns fans. It gets ugly on my Facebook on game days. ;)

19. Rachel G says:

Such a fun style! It would be easy to feel confident dressed like that!

20. Nandy says:

Lucy is adorbs! Mandi, your outfits are too cute, giirl. LOVE.
    My husband is a Cowboys fan, game days are intense..lol
    xo