A VISIT TO: Flower Child Vintage

In the great land of West Cleveland lies a treasure trove of vintage at an endlessly kitschy store called Flower Child Vintage. I stopped there a while back with Allie and Kyle to check out everything its great depths has to offer. It was my first visit, though certainly not my last! I didn’t even get a good look at half of the goodies, but I made sure not to leave empty handed. Out of all the amazing vintage goodies, I left with only this little brooch. But like I said- I’ll be back, Flower Child!

The first floor of Flower Child is filled with furniture, housewares, and some fashion accessories, like hats and jewelry. The selection is really nice, and you’ll find a good mix of kitschy and classic vintage pieces. But don’t leave before you discover the basement! It’s like a whole ‘nother store down there filled with home accessories, textiles, records, and clothes! In fact, I could spend hours down there looking through all of the booths of vintage clothes.

It’s a little too easy to become overwhelmed at Flower Child, since everything is so segregated, and the individual booths in the basement aren’t organized very well. The prices aren’t cheap, so I wish they presented things a bit better. I think everything is so chaotic because the vendors control each booth (they do consignment), but it sure would be nice if the clothing was organized a bit better. I like to know what I’m looking at. Though, if adventure is your thing, then you’ll love shopping the basement at Flower Child!

If you’re ever passing through Northeast Ohio, be sure to stop at Flower Child, and if you’re up for swinging down to Akron, don’t miss The Bomb Shelter (which also houses Violet Velvet) or The Hidden Pearl in Cuyahoga Falls!

1. Hannah says:

That pink dress with the pom poms! Ack! I LOVE it.

2. Haley says:

there are so many things in these photos that I want to touch! i can get lost in stores like these!

x Haley

3. chloe Moon says:

What a dream place!! You have such great vintage shops by you!!! I am really starting to get jealous!! =)

4. Jen says:

This is one of my favorite shops in Cleveland! There’s another shop right around the corner from Flower Child on 116th St called Chelsea’s it’s like the Mecca for vintage clothing lovers. Rows on top of rows on top of rows of clothing organized by style and I think era. It’s amazing. If you’ve never been I highly recommend it. (lots of hats, too!)

Yes, I love Chelsea’s too! The last time I tried to go, they were closed during hours that they were supposed to be open. :(

5. Callie says:

FYI — Flower Child is on the westside of Cleveland (almost all the way into Lakewood), specifically in the Clifton neighborhood. East Cleveland is a totally different city, conveniently enough located immediately to the east of Cleveland.

Haha yes, I am aware of that… It was a typo on my part when I was trying to whip up a bunch of blog posts before going to the hospital this week.

6. Rona says:

This shop looks like my kind of shops. I love all the details!

xx
    Dress To Cook Blog

7. Marcelien says:

Ooo! My retro heart beats faster! what a beautiful store + I like the name ‘flower child’!
    Pretty pictures!

8. allie says:

KYLE!! This was a fun day!! :) You guys are alright in my book. Also, I agree with the pink dress comment above. Had it not been crazy spensive, I’d have it now ;)

9. Bekuh says:

Love this! Looks like the perfect retro playland.

10. Okay…I need to find a vintage store like this out here in California! If anyone knows of one in the SF Bay Area, please let me know! Great pics and thanks for sharing!

11. katherine says:

Ahh more to add to the long list of things to do when we go back to visit family in Akron. This looks so cool

12. Pale pink pleated dress with pom poms on the lace bodice is gorgeous!!!!
    This place looks like a treasure trove to me!