WHAT I WORE: Navy and White

modern 1960s fashion blogger

Maybe it’s the modness of it, or just the ease of coordination, but lately I’ve been loving simple color schemes! I remember back when I first watched A Woman is a Woman, and I was so inspired by Anna Karina’s red, white, and blue wardrobe, yet at the time, my wardrobe was anything but those colors. The inspiration must have sink in years later, because I’ve been noticing a shift in my wardrobe to these patriotic colors. White-one-white, navy-on-navy, it doesn’t get much more classic than that, eh?

O U T F I T   D E T A I L S :

dress: found at Sweet Lorain during our blogger meetup | coat: The Classic Butterfly on Etsy
tights: Hue | shoes: vintage | hat: Wear It Again Patty on Etsy
photos by Phil

stagecoach antiques akron ohioMandi of Making Nice in the MidwestMandi of Making Nice in the MidwestMandi of Making Nice in the MidwestMandi of Making Nice in the Midwestvintage fashion blogger

1. Chloe Moon says:

A gorgeous dress and I think the simple color scheme looks very pretty on you!

2. Kristian says:

You always look so perfect in hats

3. Laura says:

i love your hat and coat! x

4. Hannah says:

I want to know about your lipstick – suck a pretty colour! What is it?

5. I’ve definitely found myself more attracted to classic color palettes this Spring. I noticed that so many of the FW13 lines that recently came out are very 60s influenced and, while I’ve always been a fan of the decade, I’m beyond excited to see so many inspired styles. It’s refreshing!

6. what a cute shop front! You look beautiful! I can see the anne karenina look you were going for!

7. Ashley says:

Mandi, I just found your blog and I must say, I think I might be in love. :) I seriously ADORE your scrapbook pages and mini albums. Adore, as in — it was love at first sight — and I think you might be one of my new all-time fave scrappers. Do you scrapbook still?
    Please trust I am not a crazy obsessive stalker type. Just super impressed with your paper skills. And maybe a wee bit jealous of your mad fashion skills. ;)

Thank you! I rarely scrapbook these days (just too busy doing other things), but if I ever get the time, I think I’d probably work on a mini album. :)

8. Stefanie says:

Wow I love this colour combination, so simple but so pretty. :)

9. Shay says:

I love love love this outfit! its so sweet! I’m officially on the hunt for little boy blue inspired items :)

10. Carrie says:

Mandi, I’ve followed you through ABM for a while, but am just now going through the archive of your Midwest blog. I’m having some frustrating life circumstances and stress, and I’m enjoying reading and looking at your pictures as a diversion. I used to watch ‘old’ movies with my dad, so your little Movie Mondays are just my favorite. :) Anyhow, wanted to say hi, and thanks!

Oh I’m so glad it’s been a nice escape for you! Precisely why I enjoy old movies, for their escapist qualities, and also the warm feelings of nostalgia. I grew up watching mostly old movies whenever we watched anything on tv.