WHAT I WORE | Wintergreen & Black

I’ve found my favorite slimming silhouette for this season, and I think it might involve wearing this skirt. A lot. I’ve been feeling slimmer in cropped sweaters with a v-neck and high waisted skirts that flare out from the waist. Oh, and of course, lots of black. It seems like I’ve been steering towards black with pops of color. Hey- it’s only a rut if you don’t like being there, right? But I like it! This kind of color combination makes me feel sophisticated and fun. Not everyone likes to dress like a crayon box. And that’s still okay in this world full of neons!

O U T F I T   D E T A I L S :

sweater: thrifted | blouse: thrifted | skirt: thrifted | tights: Hue
shoes: UO 2009 | hat: Avenue Antiques (Canton, Ohio)

1. Dom says:

You look totally adorable. Love, love, love the color and fit of the mint sweater!

2. Meredith says:

So beautiful Mandi!! I love the combination of mint and black. Also, that bow brooch is amazing.

3. Hebe says:

Love the hat. I wish I had the courage to wear hats! x

4. Kristian says:

I think this whole outfit is adorable. It emphasizes your natural waist and the hat is too cute.

5. You look awesome! Love everything about this and you look like you’re having fun wearing it! I’ve got a very similar high waist black skirt I’ve been weaing alot too. I have several tops I mix with it and I am currently obsessed with this minty color. recently got a couple of new tops from forever21 one is mint long sleeve with black polka dots and the other is a mint sweater with a lace peter pan collar. Black high waist shorts with tights or my skirt with a colored top has been my uniform!!! I am horrible at oufit posts unfortunately……. and neons are just something I cannot do!

6. Rebekah says:

I love this outfit! So classy.

7. Casey says:

You look gorgeous! I adore that silhouette myself; it’s so classic. :)

8. Monique says:

Oh my goodness, that hat is amazing. Love the whole getup!

9. gorgeous!!!! You look so pretty in the first shot especially!! Love these!

10. Alice says:

You look adorable! This outfit is just so pretty, I love that hat xo

11. I love it! All of it. Your brooch is so cute. I’m a sucker for a cute brooch. ;)

:o)Sarah

12. Emily says:

Wow, you look great (post-baby or not)! Super cute figure and outfit colors!! :)

13. Christine says:

I haven’t been here in a really long time and I just stopped by and had to comment on how awesome you look! How did you drop the baby weight so quickly?

Well, thank you! I haven’t dropped all of my baby weight, but I have lost most of it! I am breast feeding which helps, but I am also on a special diet because Lucy has a whole host of foods that she is showing sensitivities to. No gluten, dairy, peanuts, soy, nightshade veggies (peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant), or caffeine. So, basically I snack way less because the things I like to snack on are forbidden now. Same goes for my favorite desserts. But I am slowly finding my way around that with special ingredients, so we’ll see how it goes! haha

14. Christine says:

oh, well I’m sorry to hear that baby Lucy has those sensitivities but hey kudos to you for completely changing your diet in order to keep breastfeeding and look at the side benefits you got! it took me nine months to lose all the weight from baby #2 so I’m psyched that I lost it….but about those 20lbs I never lost from baby #1 before getting pregnant with #2….that’s the problem!

15. Cute! I, too, am a big fan of flare skirts, for the same slimming reasons.

16. Miki says:

Wow, I love this outfit, Mandi! I hadn’t been here for a while and all of a sudden felt the urge to come and see how your baby bump was doing. When I opened this blog I couldn’t believe my eyes! What an adorable baby girl you have! CONGRATS!!! :D I wish you and your family lots of happiness, good health and joy!

Hugs!