WHAT I WORE | Red Tights & Red Leaves

Remember how excited I was to not be pregnant any more, and to fit into my regular clothes? Remember when I wasn’t pregnant any more, and still didn’t fit into my regular clothes? I was so gutted when the few dresses I had bought specifically for nursing didn’t even fit over my new large-and-in-charge bust. Wah! But this past week something wonderful happened. Ready for some body-image abuse, I decided to try one of the dresses again. For motivation or what have you. But guess what? It fit! It fit. Thank the heavens. It’s the little victories, you guys.

O U T F I T   D E T A I L S :

blazer: thrifted | dress: Etsy (vintage) | tights: Hue | shoes: thrifted | hat: Etsy (vintage)
photos by Phil

1. Yelle says:

Loving all of the red tights on blogs these days! So inspiring! I just might have to go out and grab a pair!

I got them on Christmas morning last year as a gift from my husband, and I immediately put them on! Just in the nick of time! I’m glad this year I’ll get to wear them all through the holidays. Hopefully they will last. :)

2. Cheryl says:

Yay! And I LOVE that print!

3. heather says:

You look beautiful! Love this outfit. And your hair! You make me want to dress up and get fancy! You’re a gorgeous mama!

4. Kristian says:

Oh, yay for that! You are a cutie in this.

5. Dom says:

Aw, you look so adorable. Love the Fall color palette. The hues are all so rich and warm!

6. Gee says:

You look absolutely beautiful.

7. Alison says:

You look amazing! I love this outfit so much.

8. joy says:

You look fantastic. Love the rustic tones.

9. Marci says:

You look amazing, and that dress is gorgeous. I love the print, especially with the tights!

10. Amanda says:

This may be one of my favorite style posts by you. That print is beautiful and you are glowing.

11. Look at that great smile of yours and your amazing outfit!!!

12. kris says:

You look wonderful!

13. Nicole says:

You look absolutely splendid in that outfit! And so pretty too.

14. Moorea Seal says:

Go girl! This outfit is SO incredibly cute and so flattering on you! You look like you have totally dropped the baby weight in an instant! I’m so scared for where I have babies in the future… I already wear a 32H bra. kill me now. I’m going to have the same problem of having giant bazoombas. Some ladies I hear though actually decrease in booby size, below their original size after nursing so maybe we can hold onto that hope! You are looking so great girl, really really pretty.
    xo Moorea

Girl, it is SERIOUSLY ridiculous. Because after birth, you shrink some (I’ve still got a ways to go to get to my pre-baby weight, even with breast feeding and my diet restrictions.), but because your breasts are so big, NOTHING fits, and everything makes you look fat, because your boobs are just… out there. Ya know? haha BUT nothing beats being able to grow a baby, birth a baby, and feed a baby, without any of this mumbo jumbo baby crap that companies market to you. Women are like an all-in-one baby making/feeding machine! haha! (Well, all-in-one except for the sperm part… heh)

15. Those tights are totally adorable. Well done you for getting back into your non-maternity clothes so quickly! You go lovely lady!

x Elena @ Randomly Happy

16. Chelsea says:

You look great, girl! And you are still glowing :)

17. Stephanie says:

You look gorgeous! Love this dress and the whole outfit, really. :)
    ?stephanie

18. Your expression in that first photos is priceless. You are really feeling the victory! I’m really feeling the print on your dress.

19. Jillian says:

Love your outfit!! I have a couple pairs of colored tights, and I love them!

20. Monique says:

You look incredible lady! Quite the stylish mama I see. You’re skin looks so flawless and I love the crisp autumn colors.

21. Laura says:

you look lovely! such great autumny colours:) x

22. irene says:

pretty dress :)
    Irene Wibowo

23. Oh my dear you are looking more and more gorgeous! Motherhood is treating you very very well!!! I will be coming to you for advice when my post pregnancy woes start up. :)

24. Lisa W. says:

AND yes you do…you look marvelous my lady:) And that last post of your little lady, she is gorgous!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

25. Selvi says:

you are sooo slim! you simply look fantastic in that outfit. and your boobs don’t seem to be big at all. i am wearing a 32GG myself (without the baby) and i know how it is to find fitting, flattering clothes for you which don’t stress on your upper body part. it’s impossible. almost.
    you have a great style and i learn a lot from you!

26. Tin says:

You look great! This is going to sound completely ridiculous coming from a stranger, but as a long-time follower can I just say that you look healthier now than I’ve ever seen you look, and that’s fantastic :)

27. Caroline says:

Oh My Goodness, don’t you just look stunning. You really don’t look like you had a baby recently, you look so healthy and glowing and lovely and just lovely (not so good with the words there!)

I had a baby… 8 years ago now and I STILL haven’t lost that weight, sigh, you are a massive inspiration and I totally want to look like you, well your style, not exactly you because that would be particularly creepy type.

Anyway rambling now, just wanted to say that you looked lovely and it turned into a HUGE essay, sorry about that.

Toodle pip.

Cxx

28. Anski says:

You look so good! And I love your dress!

29. Ruth Ann says:

I am really a fan of your blog:)
    Just wanted you to know you are gorgeous and you look AMAZING.