WHAT I WORE | Maternity Style – 38 weeks + 5 days

On the cusp of my third trimester, I began to really miss my vintage dresses. Their structured waists and fitted busts just don’t work with a pregnant girl’s body, though. So I began scouring Etsy for something to tide me over for the duration. I found this cute house dress after searching for “trapeze dress” in the vintage section. When it arrived at my door, I chopped off the sleeves, and shortened the length to my knees. Sometimes turning a somewhat frumpy vintage housedress into something stylish is as simple as a little snip, snip, stitch, stitch! (And speaking of housedresses…. I feel like a house. ha!)

O U T F I T   D E T A I L S :

dress: Bohemian Bisoux | shoes: thrifted | hat: Secret Past (Cuyahoga Falls)
photos by Phil

1. Kristian says:

You are cute as a button! Love that hair and hat together.

2. Lindsey says:

Cute dress! I guess it must be a bit difficult to belt it though. :P

-Lindsey

3. Chriscelle says:

you look great!!! i absolutely love your new hair :)

4. Monique says:

It won’t be long now, good luck, i’m sure you can’t wait to meet your baby. Sweet hat!

5. Laura says:

you look so lovely! that dress is too cute paired with the hat:-) x

6. Selvi says:

oh my, only days left until baby arrives! i wish you the best, you look gorgeous.

7. Casey says:

You look so adorable, ma’am!!! :) I’ve been hunting Etsy and Ebay for some vintage, pregnancy friendly stuff myself (I’m just a couple days shy of my 2nd trimester! ;), and having the worst time… I’m already missing all my pretty vintage clothes, because my pregnant body just won’t squeeze in to any of them at this point. (Waist? What waist? rofl.) Got to try to find some dresses like yours; because I know in a bit I’m going to have gotten tired of the “new” (mostly thrifted, but more contemporary! ;) pieces and long for vintage…

Can’t believe you’re almost at the end already! :) This kind of scares me though since it seems like time flies with pregnancies (and I have so much to do still! lol.). Best wishes and prayers your way on getting through the last little bit! :)

I knoooow! I am so excited that you are pregnant! And I know you will make some cute things. My favorite were the ’60s maternity patterns I found on Etsy. But yeah… it does get old wearing more contemporary things. I began to feel like I was losing my identity! haha But you will figure it out, and deal with the little style evolution that lies ahead. Just don’t forget about post-baby- I’ve been trying to find nice button-down dresses for nursing and such. Soooo it will still be a while until I can wear my old favorites. Sigh.

Anyways, I’m so excited for you! :)

• Casey says:

Thank you!!! :D I’m getting super excited because I’ve actually started to look pregnant at this point (instead of like I’ve been eating too many French fries… ;) I’ve been going through your style archives (totally hope that doesn’t sound stalkerish! lol.) and gathering lots of ideas for outfits. I hit a style crisis about two weeks ago and am trying to get myself out of the slump. ;) lol.

Yeah–it’s the post baby part that is *really* stumping me! I have a couple nursing friendly patterns picked out, but I know I won’t get to those right away, so I’ll have to be creative (lots of button up shirts? lol.) for the first month or so. I just bought a new sewing book (Gertie’s New Book for Better Sewing) and she has a brilliant shirtwaist dress pattern that buttons down the front and has elastic through the back of the waist. Which to me, makes a ton of sense since my figure will be doing all sorts of weirdness post-baby. ;) lol.

8. It is really pretty, this dress, but I can imagine how much it would be a hard time to wear pretty vintage clothes you’re used to wearing. Soon. . .though it will still take some time since you’ll probably be working off the baby weight over the next 6-12 months. That’s the hard part. Keep up the great work! You’re so close to the end!!! ^_^

9. Where do I even start?! I am dying over everything but ESP. the kindess artwork above the crib!