Etsy Favorites | Cat Eye Sunnies

As eccentric old-lady-like as I might become with my doily-collecting and vintage-hat-wearing habits, at least I know there is no danger of my becoming a crazy cat lady. Not that there’s anything wrong with cat ladies, per say… I’m just a puppy kind of person. Despite my cat aversion (mostly due to allergies), I’ve been quite drawn to cat eye sunglasses lately. Check out my favorite vintage pairs from Etsy below!

1: $25 / 2: $10.99 / 3:  $62.25 / 4: $85 / 5: $47  / 6: $14  / 7: $62.27 / 8: $89
image from unexpectedtales on Flickr

1. Amanda says:

So great. Cat eyes always make everything look classy. Love #2!

2. I love 5 and 8 the best. These are so much fun!! :D

3. Dom says:

Awesome! I’ve been meaning to buy a pair of cat eye sunnies in white for the longest! 1 and 3 are my personal faves.

4. Laura says:

Oh my gosh, I love #1 & #5! They are all adorable though. xo

5. Selvi says:

I luv cat sunglasses. but i feel is too roundly shaped to look good with them.
    i love the first one. and since its not too small it could even fit me! anyhow, it’s still on my wishlist.

have a nice day, mandi.

6. Hi Mandi ! =)
    First of all, congratulations for the new blog! I love that it keeps all the old good flavor of the previous one, but all this elevated to another new level always keeping its uniqueness and character !
    Needless to say that it’s definitely a favorite!

Now, about the glasses… I love cat-eye shades really much, but I can’t wear them. They look really bad on me. To admit, I don’t know if it’s actually a beauty thing or my lack of confidence to go out and rock them on my face. I don’t really know.
    Oh, wait… what about a confidence – style post? I’d love to hear your opion on that and -if yes- any experiences (or bumps) that you’d like to share while perfecting your style and being aware of it.

Thanks in advance and again, I wish you the best ! :-)

Big hugs from Athens,
    Dora

Hi Dora! I think there’s definitely such a thing as selecting frames that suit the shape of your face, so I understand what you mean when you say that you don’t think they look good on you. I had sort of an obsession with cat eye glasses when I was around 4-5 years old, so for me, it’s a major nostalgia thing, and I don’t really care if they flatter me or not. :)

Something about personal style confidence- I had thought about doing a post about finding your style. In the meantime, I wrote this post from the bottom of my heart about self-confidence. Have you been able to read it? If not, I think you will like it. :) http://makingniceinthemidwest.com/2012/02/15/clothing-myself-with-truthon-dressing-up-with-confidence-and-perspective/

7. Mara says:

These are all super cute! I really want to get some cat-eye sunglasses for this summer.

8. Amber says:

Hi Mandi, thanks for including my sunglasses number 2! i love this and i am loving number 8 and number 1 on the wish list i think!