The Snack Files | Cheesy Quinoa Dippers

Cheesy-quinoa-dippers-with-marinara-sauce

It's easy to get lost looking at tempting desserts and bacon-laced appetizers while browsing food on Pinterest. But recently I found this Cheesy Quinoa Bites recipe from Becky of So Very Blessed, and thought, finally! A healthy snack that I can customize and enjoy many different ways.

My adaptation of Becky's recipe results in an Italian style quinoa nugget, a perfectly savory snack when dipped in marinara sauce. Next time, I think I will try making a Mediterranean style quinoa nugget by substituting feta cheese in place of the provolone and mozarella, switching curry spices for the Italian seasonings I used this time, and tahini sauce instead of marinara. The wheels are turning!

Cheesy-quinoa-dippers-with-marinara-sauce-ingredients Cheesy-quinoa-dippers-with-marinara-sauce-ingredients-muffin-tins Cheesy-quinoa-dippers-with-marinara-sauce-nuggets

I N G R E D I E N T S :

• 3 C cooked Quinoa
  • 1.5 C Carrots, shredded (I did mine in a food processor)
  • 1.5 C Cheese (I used a mix of mozarella and provolone)
  • 3 Large Eggs
  • 3 Green Onions, chopped
  • 3 Garlic Cloves
  • 3 T Corn Starch
  • Seasoning to taste (I used salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings)
  • Dipping Sauce of choice (I used Newman's Own marinara)

M E T H O D :

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine all ingredients, except for your dipping sauce, and scoop out into a non-stick or greased muffin tin, filling each section half way. Using a spoon, press down the nuggets, especially around the edged, to avoid burning on any part of the batter that is sticking up. Bake for 20 minutes, and serve hot.

Makes approximately 1.5 dozen nuggets.

Cheesy-quinoa-dippers-with-marinara-sauce-newmans-own

1. Krystle says:

these look so amazing!! mmm..greek style with feta and tzatziki dip! plus i love saying the word “quinoa” haha

2. Trish says:

This is a really killer idea. I am always trying to come up with new ways to use quinoa, but find that so many of them seem plain and boring. Thanks so much for sharing!

3. danielle says:

sounds super delicious!

4. CHICKYTHING says:

Love your food photography! So fresh!

5. tabitha emma says:

looks yummy! Quinoa seems very popular at the moment

6. C’est une id?e vraiment tueur. J’essaie toujours de trouver des nouvelles fa?ons d’utiliser le quinoa, mais constatent que beaucoup d’entre eux paraissent clairs et ennuyeux. Merci beaucoup pour le partage!

7. This looks so yummy – I’ve never quite figured out quinoa (I have an american friend who uses it lots though, so maybe it’s more popular in america?). I think I may try this as my first Quinoa-cooking attempt! And one day I’ll even learn how to pronounce it…. :)

8. Allison says:

Oooh, these look really good. I bet they would also be good pepper jack cheese for a bit of a south western flavor!

9. Stephanie says:

Oooh my goodness! I made the quinoa mac and cheese from pintrest the other day. It was amazing and THIS looks amazing!!

10. Sam says:

These look yummy! Definitely going to try making them.

11. Greta says:

I decided to go super italian with these and replaced the carrots and green onions with chopped cherry tomatoes and they are so delicious! I love this recipe! So versatile! :D