WHAT I WORE | Maternity Style – 14 Weeks

2012_03_27

Welcome to my backyard! It’s been a real help to a (as of late) lazy fashion blogger, to have private property to tromp around and preen unabashedly for a camera, and even a mother-in-law who comes over to mow the grass for us! (Did I tell you? Phil had knee surgery, and I don’t know how to drive a stick- so we’re quite helpless in lawn maintence this Spring.)

So, as you can see, we have trees, grass, and maybe you can see that brick wall in the distance? I like to think of it as a secret garden, hidden by trees and overgrown shrubs. But in actuality, as you might expect when you hear a gentle whirring sound coming from the distance, there’s a highway back there, and even a train track, which carries scenic trains from Canton to Cuyahoga Falls! We don’t mind the noise much, as the wall keeps out the loud traffic sounds, and we like not sharing our backyard with anyone and also enjoy the complete privacy that comes with having a walled highway beyond one’s backyard.

So, there it is! A glimpse at our backyard. Don’t worry, you’ll see more of it soon. ;)

O U T F I T   D E T A I L S :

hat: Avenue Antiques (Canton, Ohio) | blouse: thrifted | sweater: BCBG from Marshals
skirt: thrifted | tights: Hue cable knit | shoes: thrifted | belt: Dillards

2012_03_27b 2012_03_27c

1. Kait Mauro says:

You are beautiful. I love your expression and your wispy hair in the close-up shot. Enjoying your blog. :)

2. Virginie says:

Hurray for a private backyard and an awesome mother in law! Sounds like life is just peachy in your beautiful backyard.
    You look so beautiful and radiant, this outfit does your growing blessing justice for sure :)

3. These photos are so dreamy. You look so beautiful.
    xo,
    Em

4. malia says:

im loving your backyard!
    you look so lovely! you def. have a glorious glow!
    -m

5. Kristen says:

Your backyard looks magical!

6. Felicia B says:

This what I’m most excited about for your blog: Maternity style!
    I also know that you’re gonna be a great momma! I’m very happy for you

7. You’re lovely! Such a cute outfit too! In my neighboorhood the houses are soooo close together and where I have to take my outfit post pictures is in plain view of the neighbors and anyone who drives down my street. I blame them for the faces I make in my photos. Theres something embarassing about photographing oneself. Haha

8. Lindsey says:

You are the most stylish pregnant lady!
    -Lindsey

9. dena miller says:

You look very beautiful…and so happy?

10. Ceri says:

Absolutely beautiful outfit. <3 Love it. So stylish.

11. Do people tell you all the time that you look just like Winona Ryder?
    Is it just me?
    You look beautiful.
    x

12. Zoe says:

You look beautiful and glowing!and have the cutest bump :)
    We are in the process of selling our house in search for some out door space. your garden looks lovely.
    Zoe

13. Michelle says:

You have the perfect backyard for a little bub! It was nice coming back to read your posts and seeing that you are pregnant. You look great and I’m so happy for you! xo

14. Such a sweet little bump of baby joy! I love these photos and your backyard is dreamy!!! Great outfit.

15. Jennifer says:

Ok, in the closeup, I totally see Keira Knightley:) Cute pics!!
    ~Jennifer

16. Amber says:

my goodness, you are just glowing. You really look simply lovely.

17. steffy says:

you look BEAUTIFUL! im jealous of your backyard :) one day…!!
    Xo,
    steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

18. Ellie says:

Hi there. I just stubbled upon this blog and was comepletely fasinated by it and I’ve realized that I want to be you when I grow up. I am I love with your style. I wish I could have you cone shopping with me every day I take a trip to the secondhand store! You’re turely stunning and just in this short period I’ve known you, I have a feeli g you’ll be a spectar mother. You go girl! (:

19. danielle says:

love that lil’ bump. and you. glad you are well my friend.

20. Daphne says:

What a great pictures!

21. Scout says:

That close up is absolutely stunning!

22. kindsey says:

just caught up with your blog! we’re really close in our pregnancies!! i’m 14 weeks too! trying to get back into blogging to document- your doing a great job! congrats again!!!
    -kindsey

23. Cotton Bags says:

Thanks for sharing your info. I enjoyed reading your article. Have a great day.