WHAT I WORE | Maternity Style – 11 Weeks

2012_02_29

You guys! I woke up a couple of days ago to find that baby-growing bloat hadn’t gone away overnight, like it usually does. Is eleven weeks to early to be showing? It seems like it to me. But whatever. I’m rolling with it. Today I headed to the thrift store to buy some stretchy skirts, since most of the ones in my wardrobe are practically suffocating me these days, but it’s still far too early to be wearing actual maternity clothes (which I’ve been squirreling away for the past year!). It’s kind of exciting, but also pretty daunting knowing how much my body is going to be changing. Phil thinks it’s cute, but I’m so ready for this bump to look more like a baby than a PBR gut. Come on baby, grow, grow!

O U T F I T   D E T A I L S :

sweater: thrifted | skirt: thrifted | scarf: hand-me-down | shoes: ASOS | socks: ASOS

2012_02_29c 2012_02_29b

1. Mel says:

Not too early at all. My boss was showing at about 9 weeks and having to hide it with strategic scarf placement. So excited for you! Can’t believe it’s 11 weeks already!

2. kaylah says:

You look so beautiful, Mandi!

3. 11 weeks is perfect to start showing. I have a picture of me looking like this at 11 weeks with my first!!! I always got upset when I saw my pregnant friends looking like they weren’t pregnant at 11 weeks but you look exactly as I did (but warning, I had a 10 pound baby, and hopefully you won’t have that issue). you’re soooo adorable!!!!!!!!

4. Victoria Pasquale says:

Hello! I’m a new reader of your blog, and I must say your style is inspiring! Excited to see your twist on maternity style :)
    Congratulations!

5. Erin says:

You look so cute already! I am nowhere near becoming a mom but I can’t wait to see your maternity style!

6. heather says:

You look so adorable! I cant wait to see how you dress your pregnancy :) I remember when I was pregnant I’d be jealous of the ladies with the obvious bellies…you really want it to show when you’re expecting and not just look like you’ve put on a few! haha. Enjoy the ‘little and cute’ phase while you can though. Every stage has its fun part!

7. julie says:

I was totally showing at eleven weeks so I say it’s just fine. :) You look absolutely beautiful!!

8. jo says:

You look amazing! I didn’t start showing till I was 18 weeks with my first baby! Its def a weird stage before you are ‘obviously’ pregnant.

9. brittany says:

yeah baby bump! i can’t wait to see your maternity style, i bet you will look fabulous :)
    brittany
    prettylittlevintage

10. Robin says:

you are so adorable! I love your cute little belly!

11. Melissa says:

So cute! I started showing at 8 wks with my first…and then 6 with my second! Just enjoy it…it’s the only time in life that people think you look cute with a belly! Ha! So happy for you:)

12. Gillian says:

Looking good! And I must admit, I snorted at the phrase “PBR gut.” Good to make light of things a bit, though I know the changes to your body must be a little weird getting used to!

13. Chandra says:

I started showing at about 12 weeks, and I had a ten pound baby too! Enjoy it! It’s a special time in your life (and the last time you will ever be alone again.

14. Sarah Starr says:

too cute! I also can’t wait to see how you rock maternity fashion :)

15. Lily says:

Congratulations!

16. Sequins says:

Adorable, and not PBR-gut-ey at all. Also, your scarf is amazing, and I’m super jealous.

17. Stephanie says:

You look so beautiful. Congratulations!
    Faith Wall

18. Krystle says:

baby bump!! so adorable, love these shoes! your hair is getting long fast..i just cut mine again from chin length to pixie!
    ?
    Krystle

19. Lisa says:

You look simply lovely! I’m so happy for you, congratulations!

20. omg, girl! you’re much further along than i thought! you look beautiful. :D

21. Katie says:

Your hair’s looking cute, too. Bonus!

22. Rochelle New says:

You’re so beautiful. Motherhood is very becoming of you already.

23. roxy says:

congrats mandy! your going to be a great mother.

24. emily says:

you look beautiful, congratulations!!

25. liz says:

oh, i think it’s so excited and you look stunning. very classy my friend. can’t wait to see your maternity style!

26. elsie says:

AH! I’m so happy for you. This is so exciting! EEK!

27. cassidy says:

So happy for you!

28. moorea seal says:

EEeee! Mandi I’m so excited for you. I’m so very thankful that you guys were able to get pregnant again soon after the miscarriage. I know that must have been so very hard on the heart and may still hurt sometimes. But what a blessing now to have a little one growing inside of you. Maybe you are showing early because your kiddo wants to say, “Look Momma! I’m here!” I’m so very happy for you.
    xo Moorea

29. Rae Veda says:

You have the cutest bump! Congrats!! xo, rv

30. chloe says:

u look so beautiful Mandi!the short hair-do really brings out the innocence and it has an alluring effect- love it!

31. Amy says:

Yay! You are just a little over a week more preggo than my sister. (Who is a skinny minny and already showing too…as the chunky sister, I enjoy that so much!) I am so happy to know of two awesome people that are closely preggers!

32. Samantha says:

What a beautiful bump! Usually the thinner a person is the earlier they start to show. Take it as a compliment.

33. Emily says:

So glad to be sharing this experience with you! You are positively glowing!

34. flaviacreativelab says:

so sweet and beautiful! congrats from italy!

35. Danielle says:

Nope… you are perfectly showing! As a mom to 4 I was an early shower & loved it! You look simply gorgeous.

36. sandi d says:

You are so cute! Many Congrats!

37. Orchid Grey says:

Yah hoo! Grow little baby! I’m SO excited for you Mandy! I know nothing about when you’re supposed to start showing (or babies in general), but I can’t wait to see your maternity style and hear more about your experiences in the coming months (if you choose to share, that is). xo

38. Amy says:

Just beautiful!!

39. Look how cute you are! LOVE the hair, by the way.

40. zelina says:

you look beautiful. You have such a lovely glow too. I’m so happy for you Amanda.

41. big time congrats! you look beautiful. :)

42. Amber says:

You look adorable. It totally looks like a baby bump and not a big lunch :)
    Stop by & enter my Vedette giveaway!

43. Congratulations! You look adorable, and I love that little scarf.

44. Lesley Ann says:

You look fantastic! Congrats to you all.
    I am really enjoying your blog. I looking forward to reading more of your posts.

45. You look lovely! :)

46. Danielle says:

lookin’ good little mama!!

47. Kathryn says:

I didn’t know if you had seen this yet! I thought it looked like something you would try.

48. Aaw…love your baby bump, lady! :) You’re going to have the cutest maternity style, I know it! he he. Loving the natural makeup, too…cute!

49. steffy says:

ah it is so fun to watch this! im so excited for you!
    Xo,
    steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

50. Amber says:

You’re just a bit further along than I am. I hit 11 weeks, 2 days today :) Hoping my baby comes a little late in early October because October is my favorite.

51. Java says:

Hi! I’ve followed you for a while and just today delved into your archives to see if you had any posts on maternity style, et voila! I cannot tell you how much better this post has made me feel as I am eleven weeks today and am definitely showing. I was feeling so down about it and beating myself up for not being like the other mums in the hospital waiting room I see who hare hardly showing and are much further on. Silly I know, but it is so comforting to know that it is entirely normal! Fab styling too :) x

It was interesting for me, because I didn’t have a flat belly to begin with, but when you’re pregnant, it’s suddenly acceptable, and I could dress to show my belly instead of hide it! Ha! But that didn’t mean I was okay with anyone touching it. I told my friends, “If I was self-conscious about people touching my belly before I was pregnant, you can see how I would not feel any different because a baby is in there.” I began feeling okay with close friends touching my belly later in my pregnancy, though, when my belly was big and hard. I wanted them to share in my excitement when the baby kicked. :)