WHAT I WORE | Birthday Girl

2012_01_04a

When I was a youngster, there was a good chance my birthday was one of the first days back to school after Christmas break. Swell birthday present, eh? Some years, if I was lucky, the earth was spontaneously covered in buckets of snow, which meant, hip hip hooray, school was cancelled (in honor of my birthday)! This year was no different when it came to snowfall, but unfortunately I was a busy beaver getting things done all day. The post office was cruel enough to have a line all the way out the door, and iMovie shut down on me four times! I give up. Time to quit working and head out for some lovely Tex Mex food with my family followed by drinks with friends. I highly doubt it will be as epically wonderful as last year, but I’m excited nonetheless! Happy birthday to me.

2012_01_04b2012_01_04c

O U T F I T   D E T A I L S :

blouse: ASOS | skirt: garage sale find | sweater: thrifted | tights: Hue | shoes: ASOS

1. tate says:

happy birthday!

2. Mel says:

Happy birthday. Love your new hair. Really shows how pretty your face is.

3. mandie says:

happy birthday mandi! I hope it’s a sweet day!

4. Katie says:

You are so beautiful! I adore your hair…the curls really look so great on you! Beautiful ensemble as well, I love the colors :)
    Happy Birthday and I hope you enjoy your day!

5. happy happy birthday, beautiful!
    xoxo

6. Bekuh says:

Happy birthday pretty lady. You look fab.

7. Liz says:

Loving the tousled hair do!

8. happy, happy birthday! i hope you have a beautifully perfect day.

9. betsy says:

The outfit and the ‘tude you wear it with are awesome!! Happy Day to you!

10. Happy Birthday to you!!! I hope this is the year the rest of your dreams come true!

11. Emily Keen says:

Happy Birthday!!! A snow day on a birthday is such an awesome treat for us January birthday people!! Mine would occasionally fall on a 3 day weekend for Martin Luther King Day.

12. Carolina says:

Happy Bday Mandi :)
    have a lovely day!

13. heather says:

I hope you have an awesome birthday! You look so cute. I’m loving your short hair. I hope you let us in on your styling secrets soon, its so chic!

14. Kendra says:

Today is my birthday too! It always sucked so much going back to school on my birthday! The worst! I took the day off completely from working and being productive and just lazed around today haha!
    Happy birthday! :)

15. Happy Birthday darling! You look lovely as ever. I’m really dishing the color of your skirt. Hope the Tex Mex was good and all your birthday wishes come true.
    XOXO

16. Katie says:

happiest of birthdays to you, mandi! :)

17. kelly ann says:

Happy birthday!! You look lovely :)

18. skunkboy says:

Happy Birthday, beautiful Mandi! I’m remembering now that our birthdays are so close together– I’m pretty sure there was a lot of talk about birthday donuts between the two of us last year. Anyway, I hope your evening was perfection.

19. Ohh, I hadn’t realized it was your birthday! I hope it was so wonderful – snow days are always fun!
    x

20. Happy birthday Mandi!
    I love how curly your hair’s looking in this – is it natural? I’ve never been sure such short hair would work with my curls…!

21. Happy birthday! It’s my birthday too this week so I have similar experiences of going back to school on my burthday (especially one sorry year when none of my friends remembered until lunchtime!)
    hope you enjoyed your festivities :)
    x

22. jen says:

Happy birthday! And you really deserve to look fabulous on your birthday week! And not to mention you hair, aah! It looks great on you, darling! =)

23. A belated happy birthday! I sincerely hope this year is better than the last, and that things have calmed down after all the crap you had to deal with before Christmas.
    PS: still adore your new hair cut :)

24. liz says:

happy birthday my dear! and this outfit is amazing on you. great color. and i am loving the short hair!

25. Cheryl says:

I love your short hair.

26. steffy says:

happy birthday pretty lady!!
    Steffys Pros and Cons

27. Super adorable outfit. Happy belated birthday, dear!
    xo,
    Em

28. Robin says:

Bummer about the snow, the lines and iMovie, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!

29. Krystle says:

happy birthday!!! such an adorable outfit, hope you had a great day!

30. stephanie says:

happy {late} birthday amanda!!! hope it was great. and HELLO! i had no idea you chopped your hair!? i love it. i just did mine too towards the beginning of december!
    oh and what is vitamax? i feel like i’ve heard of it but i can’t remember!

31. I just can’t get over how cute this hair cut is on you! so flattering and sassy! love it!
    happy birthday!

32. Katrina says:

happy birthday girl! your hair is amazing. so fresh and fun
    xo katrina
    theyoungbridgetjones.blogspot.com

33. Miranda says:

I LOVE your hair in the last picture. So adorable! Happy Birthday!

34. Aaaw – happy birthday!! :) Hope the rest of your day was lovely!

35. Meanz says:

Happy belated birthday Mandi! Back before college my birthday used to fall on the day wed go back to school too! I hated it. I’m glad that it doesn’t happen anymore.