WHAT I WORE: Christmas Color Blocking

2011_12_22b

As an unabashed lover of pattern, I’ve been a bit resistent to the trend of colorblocking with solids from head to toe. But! This is the only somewhat warm green dress in my wardrobe. Yes, it is just solid green. But instead of trying to shmancy it up with funky tights, patterned undershirts, crazy purses, and the like… I just decided to keep it classic and simple. Green and red with my favorite neutrals – brown and winter white. Even though there might not be snow for Christmas, dressing for the season keeps me in the festive mood- especially with a hat that looks rather like a large snowball, eh?!

2011_12_22d 2011_12_22c2 2011_12_22

O U T F I T   D E T A I L S :

dress: thrifted | coat: thrifted | hat: thrifted | purse: thrifted | tights: Hue | shoes: ASOS
photos: taken by Phil with both 50mm f/1.2 & 85mm f/1.8 Canon lenses

1. Janice says:

Lovely! I can’t get enough of that coat – it’s adorable! The hat pulls it all together. Very festive without being ridiculous. You hit the mark that you were aiming for… :)

2. This is too pretty! I really love white tights lately! (It’s been too hot here lately to wear any though!) And the shade of green you are wearing is beautiful!
    x
    Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

3. Latrisha says:

Another very lovely outfit! Green and chocolate is one of my favorite color combinations.

4. Lovely outfit!! The colors are really great together, and very festive as well. Where are you in these photos? It’s looks practically abandoned!
    XOXO

5. teeny says:

I LOVE this outfit. The length of the coat is so perfect with the white tights, t straps, brown bag and green dress!!!!!!!!

6. Jessa Belle says:

Oh my how I love those shoes! You have such wonderful style! Happy Holidays!
    Love & Lollies… Jessa
    Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

7. Mandi says:

Annalise, I know! I couldn’t believe it. A few people walked by and we waited for them to move for the pictures. There were other people behind Phil. But this is an alleyway in Canton, Ohio where I live. These are back entrances to restaurants and bars. Since it was 4:30 PM, most people were still at work, and the restaurants weren’t busy yet, I guess. I does look pretty abandoned though.

8. I love your new hair style. It really is flattering and looks SO cute on you!

9. Hannah B says:

Aw! Your hair looks so cute with that hat! I’m lovin the new style.

10. steffy says:

this is so cute! love the green coat and the t-strap heels!!
    <3 steffy

11. Emily Keen says:

You look so pretty!! As usual. I also love the peak at the tattoo in that one photo.

12. carrie says:

I’m not much of a commenter generally but I just had to say that I love your short hair. It’s so flattering!