INSPIRED BY: Warm Colors in Vintage Homes

After the house inspection (for house option #1) today, Phil and I were hit hard with the realization that home owning will bring about a dramatic shift in the way we think about “keeping house.” A phrase that used to alude to furniture selection, floor coverings, dishware, and other fun accessories has now turned into a savings-eating monster that reminds us of looming repair projects in our very near future. So yeah. The budget shift from decorating to damage repair has happened.

Now that’s not to say we still can’t have a little fun in decorating our new house! We’ll be working with drastically different architecture- going from white arched, cathedral ceilings over warm, wooden floors and a giant Tudor-style fireplace to mid-century terrazzo floors, minimal brick walls with built in fireplaces and appliances, and sleek wooden accents. I’m admittedly overwhelmed with the change, so I’ve been studying the decorating styles of beautiful homes from around the same era, mulling over ways we can incorporate our current furnishings with the new space. So, how about another round of Inspired By Vintage Homes? This time I’m studying warm color pallettes. I hope these homes inspire you too! All images are linked to original Flickr sources.

2 3 4

1. Jessa Belle says:

So much wonderful inspiration! How excited you must be! Best of luck!
    Love & Lollies… Jessa
    Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

2. Robin says:

I own a midcentury home myself, and became very interested in the design of that era when we knew we would be buying our home, built in 1954. I have a pinterest board called “Atomic Ranch” (http://pinterest.com/rabiaraqs/atomic-ranch/), if you want to follow.
    I love these photos! Looking forward to seeing how you decorate your new home, and getting inspiration from you!

3. Krystle says:

this is exactly what i was looking at when we were going to buy a 1950’s atomic style one level. we ended up with the total opposite(1800’s/victorian) and i’m still deciding how i want to decorate..so much repair work to do still! love that top color palette, can’t wait to see what you do with the house!
    ?
    Krystle

4. I love all this inspiration, and it seems slightly holiday inspired too.
    XOXO

5. Joy says:

everything is so beautiful. i love all the warm tones!

6. Alessandra says:

Hi! I love your blog! What a coincidence, I also have a series called “Movie Mondays” too on my blog. :) I love the vintage style rooms, they are amazing. I read a few posts down about the devastating news. I am so sorry! I know it must be so hard for you. Please stay strong. ?

7. allie says:

Those images are so rad! I need to find some stuff like that! :)

8. lacoste uk says:

everything is so beautiful. i love all the warm tones!

9. Really beautiful pictures! My husband and I just purchased a gorgeous home in South Carolina and have been butting heads on how to design the living spaces. Of course he doesn’t want anything feminine, and I don’t want anything too masculine but I think the neutral colors and vintage inspired furniture are the perfect compromise for us!

10. Oh, my wife would love these rooms. She is actually planning to do a paint makeover of our living room. These are certainly great spaces to get inspiration for a home makeover.

11. website says:

You will find a lot of pictures online that can give you ideas about where you should place.