WHAT I WORE | Blue Christmas

2011_12_20b

With all of the hustle and bustle to and from hospitals, house showings, and bank meetings, it seems we haven’t really been able to fix our broken Christmas tree, nor decorate our alternate! What a weird Christmas this is. Have you ever had a holiday where nothing really seems right, and the traditions all seem to be missing? That’s what this year is looking like for us. But it’s alright, because it really forces us to recognize the true meaning of Christmas, without getting wrapped up in the pomp and circumstance. And even though I love the craziness and traditions that surround this season, I’m just relaxing and holding fast to the hope that maybe next year we’ll be hosting Christmas in our beautifully decorated HOUSE!

2011_12_20c 2011_12_20d

O U T F I T   D E T A I L S :

jumper: Hollie Point Vintage | blouse: thrifted | tights: Hue | shoes: thrifted | brooch: mom
photos: taken by Phil (we used bare strobe lights on stands, pointed away and up)

2011_12_20

1. Jennifer says:

I’m loving your hair even more in this post!

2. teeny says:

I can’t get over how awesome your hair is! You look beautiful in blue and brown. When I was about 15, we moved country…and were completely broke and missing my dad. it was the worst, broken Christmas ever. But it was only one. Best wishes to you.x

3. I am seriously loving your hair!

4. Joy says:

you look fab. glad that you’re recovering, baby steps yes but baby steps forward!

5. Michelle says:

I can totally relate to having a weird Christmas. Last year my nana passed away at the beginning of December and I really didn’t get into Christmas! You look so beautiful with short hair! xox

6. maranda says:

you and your cute hair are killin’ me! i’ve just got mine grown out to about chin length…but now i am having urges to chop it off again…..:)

7. dena miller says:

Lovely Amanda?
    Have a beautiful Christmas.

8. Your hair is indeed super darling. I think the little tiny fringe bangs are my favorite part. That color blue of your dress looks lovely on you as well. I’m just catching up on your past posts now and I’m sorry to hear about everything you’ve been going through. *Big hugs* and best wishes for this holiday season.
    XOXO

9. I’d like to second (third? fourth?) how cute your hair’s looking in these posts.
    This time of year doesn’t have to be about chaos – I see it as a good chance to just stop and appreciate some quiet for a little while. May the new year bring you brighter days. x

10. Aoife says:

I so agree about this year, but I think you’ve hit the nail on the head about finding the integral meaning.
    Life can be hard, but as my mum says, it all works out in the end.
    Ps you’re rocking that new do and your beautiful spirit is shining more brightly than ever xx merry christmas and here’s to 2012 xx

11. LolaDee says:

Gorgeous outfit!!! And hair. You are adorable.

12. Sue says:

I know what you mean about missing traditions! This month I’m moving in with my boyfriend so decorating has not been an option this year since our place is a mess right now. It always makes me sad when I’m not able to celebrate Christmas the way I want. Hoping that next year will be better!

13. Latrisha says:

Boy can I relate! This year is difficult for us as well as one of my close family members will not be with us this year. Also, we in the midst of a major career transition. I am trying my best to muster up the drive to decorate when I am missing a very special someone. It all really does give you some perspective about the true meaning of Christmas.

14. Amelia says:

I recently had a stillbirth baby, at 21 weeks. Miscarriage has a way of making you feel like you’re the only person in the world who wasn’t able to carry and keep your own baby. It’s so lonely. Thank you, so so much, for sharing your story. It’s helped me!
    Lots of prayers for you and your husband, that you can find even a little something to make your Christmas merry and bright.
    Oh, and you have killer legs.

15. Lesley Ann says:

Hi I just LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair! I think it’s stunning and congrats to have the courage to do it. I have been silently following you for a few months…I sound like a stalker. I just wanted to tell you even though some of us don’t comment we love your blog. I personally am sorry for all that you have gone through in the past few weeks and months. I hope you guys got the house and look forward to the changes you are going to make. Here’s looking at you kid. Have a Merry Christmas.
    Lesley Ann

16. Orchid Grey says:

This year has been strange for our whole family, it’s the first year we’ll be traveling a great distance to see them and no one seems to be in much of a Christmas spirit. I’m hoping things get a little more festive when we’re all in the same state!
    I have my fingers crossed for you that you get that house. and I love your hair, it takes a lot of courage to cut so much length off, and I think you look stunning!

17. steffy says:

oh how pretty you are! i love the blue and brown combo!
    <3 steffy

18. courtney says:

we’ve definitely had some weird christmases. on another note, you look beautiful in these photos. my very favorites are the first and the last. so pretty!

19. febe says:

I love your style, I love the way you dress and I love the way you cope with all the things that happened to you! Indeed, don’t we all love losing ourselves in decorating our homes at special days like christmas? But being together and support each other means so much more! I wish you the best

20. Meanz says:

That’s so exciting about your house! I know what you mean, traditions have just actually been getting lost for us more and more each year now that more people in our family are growing up and moving further away. Things happen though, I suppose. I hope you are doing better Mandi. You are looking wonderful as always and I cannot get over how much I love your hair!

21. Ivan says:

Awesome…you totally hot and fab…you know your hair looks great…but your legs look better…
    Keep looking great :)

22. Sam says:

You look adorable and I love, love, love your hair. Christmas has been topsy-turvy for me too (moving house three days before), but you are right that it means taking a more simple approach to the holiday and what it means for us.