Thrift Store Challenge | Part Two

IMG_5517

We had so much fun doing the thrift store challenge, I’m already planning on heading out again with some other friends to see how well they score at the store. Here’s the last round from the first challenge, Allie’s winning first place again (in my mind), with mine being a look I was considering purchasing and squirreling away for a day when I find myself with child. (No hints, just good planning.) I think Kyle’s picks make a perfect day to evening look that can easily transition from on the job (photography session) to out for drinks with friends.

Check out Part One of the Thrift Store Challenge here!

Thrift-store-challenge-1

A L L I E ‘ S   L O O K :   $ 8 . 9 7
shirt: $2.99  |  skirt: $3.99 | belt: $1.99

Thrift-store-challenge-2

M Y   L O O K :  $ 6 . 9 8
polka dot dress: $2.99  |  scarf: $.99

Thrift-store-challenge-3

K Y L E ‘ S   L O O K :  $ 1 7 . 9 6
sweater: $3.99  |  shirt: $2.99  |  jeans: $4.99  |  fleece lined shoes: $5.99

IMG_5537

1. Rae Veda says:

So cute. I love the dress you found and Kyle’s entire outfit is super cute. I love this feature. Such a great idea. xo, rv

2. Allison says:

i love these posts! i love seeing the guys mixed in :) Thanks!

3. Wendy says:

I love how Allie’s houndstooth skirt looks so different from far away. It’s like a play on prints. Awesome challenge!

4. steffy says:

i love allies blouse!
    Steffys Pros and Cons

5. love this blog series quite a lot! Just wish you could go thrifting with me now!

6. This is such a great idea! I’m definitely going to try this with some friends. Great finds!!

7. I can’t believe how expensive Kyle’s ensemble looks! Lovely! And I love your white blouse, how darling!

8. Jupe says:

Ah! How fun! I do this with my friends too sometimes…it’s a blast to see just what you can piece together with cheap thrift finds. I recently found an amazing pair of brown leather ankle boots with this attached wool stocking material that came up like socks around your ankles–for $1.49! I live for those finds.
    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

9. totally great looks! adore the blouse/skirt combo that allie found! gotta say- i’m really into these thrift store challenge posts! it’s cool to see what you find in the moment, instead of later when you’ve had more time to think about it :)

10. I love your thrift store challenge! You should definitely make a regular feature out of it :)
    Oh and the thrift store you went to seems to be great – I went to one last week and they wanted $15 for a skirt !?!
    I miss ‘cheap’ thrift stores ;)

11. What wonderful finds. I miss thrift stores in America! I am glad that you are enjoying them and milking them for all they are worth!
    Anna

12. Ellie says:

This looks like so much fun!
    We don’t really have thrift stories in England except for London (and they whack the prices up), which makes me sad!
    Love this post.
    Hope you’ve had a great Monday :)
    Ellie xx

13. dena miller says:

This looks like so much fun Amanda!!!! I just recently found some great treasures at the Thrift Store too…Posted a video of it on my blog and Youtube channel. I would love for you to visit and leave me a comment.
    ~~Dena

14. Maren says:

Is that a Buffalo Bills scarf?! Also, I love that dress for maternity style. Ain’t nothing wrong with a little planning.

15. Style Hoot says:

Kyle’s look is my favorite! Amazing deal for all those items. http://stylehoot.blogspot.com

16. Lauren says:

I really really really love this feature. LOVE.

17. Katie says:

i know i tweeted that i love this series, but i had to come and give you lovin’ in the comments. such a good job everyone did! kyle’s outfit is definitely impressive, but i love them all! can’t wait to see more :)

18. Katie says:

Aw! They’re all so great! I do love Allie’s, but your dress is super cute too! I think my favorite is Kyle’s, though. Such a great look for a guy!

19. alex says:

Kyle’s look for $17.96?! That’s just insane.

20. Kyle says:

So when are we doing this again? If you would’ve came with me on wed it would have been my best outfit yet! I found so many amazing things, and that magic mouse actually works (I think I would find a way to work it into my outfit just to prove what a great value it was).

21. bria says:

um, is kyle single???
    hahaha, just kidding… (well kindof :P )
    this is the most amazing post! I never have that kind of luck at thrift store, but maybe i just need to find better ones!!
    this is so amazing, now im totally inspired!!

22. Mandi says:

haha Bria, no he is not single. Sorry! :) But I’m sure he will be flattered by your asking. hehe

23. nicole says:

ahhh i love this whole post!