Thrift Store Challenge | Part One

IMG_5503

Three friends, one thrift store, six outfits. Our original plan was to spend Saturday afternoon at our favorite Canton Salvation Army on a quest for one outfit each, but lucky us, we found two each! It might seem like a crazy challenge, but with a little patience, creativity, and help from friends, it’s totally doable. I promise. Finding shoes was a little tricky for us girls, so we just stuck with the kicks already on our toes. But other than that, the day was a total success! Here are our first looks of the day.

Thrift-store-challenge-5

M Y   L O O K :   $ 8 . 9 8
scarf: $.99  |  polka dot knit top: $2.99  |  gingham pleated skirt: $2.99

Thrift-store-challenge-4

K Y L E ‘ S   L O O K :   $ 1 5 . 9 6
flannel jacket: $3.99  |  shirt: $.99  |  jeans: $4.99  |  fleece lined shoes: $5.99

Thrift-store-challenge-6

A L L I E ‘ S   L O O K :   $ 6 . 9 8
jumper: $3.99  |  shirt:  $2.99

IMG_5496
Just wait until you see what else we found!

1. I would watch a tv show based on this premise any day over the new “fashion hunters” show on bravo!!!
    Very nice & fashionable out fits for women & men!! Shopping with friends just makes it better!!

2. maranda says:

wow! that’s impressive! and everything is so trendy looking-good job kids :)

3. Sarah Nicole says:

These are all so cute! Nice work!
    xo,
    Sarah

4. Joy says:

All such great combos! I really do need to go to the thrift store!

5. Moorea Seal says:

Dang! Good finds!!!
    xo Moorea

6. Elisha says:

This looks like so much fun! I am now inspired to finally seek out our local Salvation Army Store. I just moved across the country and haven’t had the time to find our local store.
    I really like the blouse and jumper that Allie found. Also, I agree with Jeanette 100%. I would totally watch a show like this! I can’t wait to see what else you found!

7. zelina says:

wow! love them all and so cheap.

8. anastasia says:

YES!! So great! This post is so fun. You guys kicked butt at this challenge.
    anastasia

9. Mara says:

I love this idea! I need to take a friend to my local Goodwill and do this. It looks like so much fun! I love the shirt you found.

10. ALL so good! love allie’s!

11. This is such a great challenge. You all found such lovely things. Your friend Allie’s jumper is too cute. I love the color. Can’t wait to see more.
    XOXO

12. Kaitlyn says:

How darling! I want to do this with a few of my girlfriends sometime. :) I am especially impressed by the way Allie’s outfit worked out with her tights and shoes. Looooove it.

13. kelsie says:

this is a fun post!

14. Chandra says:

I buy almost all my clothes at my local Salvation Army store. On most Saturdays, they run a a $10.99 bag sale. You would be surprised at how many things can fit into a brown shopping bag. Once I bought around $200 of clothes for $10.99!
    Can’t wait to see the other looks!

15. Allison says:

super awesome!! Makes me want to run straight to the thrift store.

16. Oh wow I love this ! I miss charity shopping (as we call it in the UK) – here in France where I’m living, they just don’t seem to have any at all! Looks like a day well spent. :) x

17. Whoa! Your Salvation Army stores look amazing! Our charity shops in the UK are somewhat smaller.
    Nice outfit finds
    x

18. Kate says:

What an awesome idea! Love the outfits!

19. liz says:

good finds my friend. that’s where i get all of jess’ dresses…every Wednesday…1/2 off day :)

20. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Allie’s look! I feel so inspired to go thrifting now.

21. Rae Veda says:

That is a great idea for a post! I love how creative you guys are. The jumper and polka dot shirt are the cutest! xo, rv

22. dena miller says:

Looks like so much fun!!!! I am obsessed with thrifting?

23. Melissa says:

What??? Thrift stores here aren’t nearly that cheap? Great finds!

24. Kat says:

Awesome! I love all three, but I really love Allie’s look–I have a major soft spot for jewel tones (it looks like a deep burgundy?), and the stripes really add a lot of interest to complete the outfit :)
    -Kat

25. Aimee Cakes says:

Wow! Darling little outfits, all three. I especially love Allie’s look, that blouse is to die for! :)

26. Kyle says:

So when are we gonna start filming? heheheh ;)

27. chloe says:

Such a great idea! I might just have to give it a try! If I do, i’ll link back here :)
    Xo Chloe.

28. Serena says:

Great idea! Me? I need a thrift store personal shopper when it comes to clothes.

29. Marissa E says:

Found your blog through (Kyle’s) Facebook.
    Great idea and fun post, going to check out the blog archives now! :)

30. Hanna says:

Wow, that was great, I can’t wait for the second part! I especially like Kyle’s outfit, I guess in a regular store you would have at least spend $100 on it!

31. allie says:

@Kyle !! Can I help behind the scenes with lighting…you know how awesome I am with that. heheh :)

32. laura says:

awww, mandi, what a cute idea! i love this… and your outfits are really great, too! i wish we had better thrift stores here in germany. can’t wait to see your second outfits! (:

33. I loooove Ali’s look!

34. I love all of the looks, but I must say I love Kyle’s jacket! What a find!

35. Christina says:

what a great + fun new feature. i love seeing creative thrifting choices come together!

36. I love Allie’s outfit x10 :) It would look extra cute with a scarf-style ascot bow at the collar or something dangling… fun post! you guys look great :)

37. steffy says:

your polka dot shirt is the best!! ive been searching for one like it!!
    <3 steffy

38. Rebecca says:

Such a fun idea! And all three of you ended up looking great!

39. Suzie says:

i love the corduroy jumper on allie.
    your local salvation army seems massive compared to the ones in nyc area. totes jealous.

40. Katie says:

Aw! What fun! I should try this with my thrifting friend next time I visit her!
    I love your outfits, especially Allie’s! That jumper is perfect! <3

41. Fashionista says:

Either your addition skills are off, or you got robbed! I do not see how YOUR outifts costs as much as they did, with the prices listed below the photos!

Well, let’s see… I’m willing to bet that I didn’t get robbed. So that leaves my editing skills. I also bought those shoes at that Salvation Army, but apparently didn’t include them on the list. But thank you so much for pointing that out!

42. fashionista says:

How grand, Mandi! Shoes, too, for that price?! Quite the shopper, eh?!