Cocktail Hour | Salted Caramel Martini

Salted-caramel-martini

“It’s like liquid Werther’s Originals!” I overheard a friend announce outside of a coffee shop. Thinking it was the shop’s new featured drink, I curiously asked what she was talking about. Apparently over the weekend she and her boyfriend had whipped up a delicious cocktail that tasted just like caramel candy. Hmmm… that would be so good with salt, I thought. So here it is! And it’s as delicious as I suspected.

T H E   S A L T E D   C A R A M E L   M A R T I N I

1 part Butterscotch Snapps | 1 part Kahlua | 1 part vodka | 2 parts whole milk

Prepare your martini glasses by wetting the rims and dipping in crushed seasalt. Pour ingredients over ice into a cocktail shaker, shake, then strain into glasses. Be sure to drink responsibly- these are quite strong, and alarmingly delicious!

Salted-caramel-martini-ingredients Salted-caramel-martini-2

1. Stephanie says:

I’m a sucker for a good cocktail. Its the reason I keep my former-bartender boyfriend around (I make terrible cocktails). I’m going to request that he make these asap!
    Great photos btw.

2. This sounds amazing. I am seriously going to have to try this!

3. One. I will be making these this weekend. Two. Love that table and tray.

4. Kat says:

I was sold at “Kahlua” (that’s my weakness when it comes to alcohol, hahaha)… I think I’m going to have to try these!
    -Kat

5. Lindsey says:

Oh dear…this is the perfect cocktail for a clothing swap I’m hosting soon. What fantastic timing you have!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Lindsey

6. Lauren says:

I love ANYTHING that is salted caramel. OHMYGOD I need these.
    Lauren @ Sea Parrot

7. liz says:

i love your bar table, especially the print and carved wooden vases.

8. Kyla Roma says:

Cute idea Mandi! :) :)

9. oh my, that needs to be tested! Great tip with the salt… like a Christmas Margarita!

10. Nikki says:

nice pictures! this drink sounds great – I am not really familiar with liquors but can I substitute Bailey’s for the Kahlua?

11. Mandi says:

Nikki, I’m thinking Bailey’s with a hint of coffee might be good! I have some of that right now, maybe I’ll try that tonight. :) Kahlua has more layered flavors and has more of a caramely taste, so it might not taste quite like caramel with the Bailey’s, though it will still taste yummy!

12. Deanna says:

I have to try this! My mouth is watering!