Wardrobe | Black and Blue

IMG_5189

I’m not sure whether it’s all of the 60s movies I’ve been watching lately, but I’ve been really gravitating towards monochromatic outfits. In my resistance to this urge, I’m still drawn to keeping it simple with maybe just a couple of colors, or maybe just sister colors. Here I am sporting black and blue- a stunt I don’t pull too often unless we’re talking about navy. I felt so odd in such a bright hue, but my mom said I looked super mod- so I guess it’s all good, eh?

O U T F I T   D E T A I L S :

dress: ASOS | hat: Avenue Antiques (Canton, OH) | socks: UO 2009 | boots: Sam Edelmen 2007
Photos by Phil Johnson

IMG_5235 IMG_5251IMG_5135

1. racheldenbow says:

Umm…super fantastic! Love this outfit, Mandi.

2. Jaclyn T says:

Modern Mod, I say! I really like this ensemble!
    –Jaclyn T
    Natured Inspired Jewellery

3. Katie says:

This is such a mod outfit! I’ve been really loving 60’s inspired outfits, too, lately. Which is odd, because I used to hate the 60’s…

4. Krystle says:

love this, the hat is perfect!
    ?
    Krystle

5. Robin says:

These boots are fantastic! I love your dress too–very cute!

6. Mallory G says:

Yeah, that dress is killer. I need to get some Canton thrifting in my life soon.

7. kelly ann says:

Your dress is out-of-this-world fabulous!

8. Miki says:

What a cool dress; love it!
    Hope you’ve started the week off with a smile! ;)
    Miki.

9. I like the vibrant blue on the outfit, and the shape is so mod. Looks fab on you.x.

10. Katherine says:

Adorable outfit!!

11. Lori says:

I loveeeeeee this outfit! That dress is just gorgeous and I am loving the knee highs+boots with it!

12. Fenn says:

I think you look awesome! I think that color is not so BRIGHT. My wardrobe is a rainbow of bright colors and I wear tie dye with no irony. I think it’s funny the way we perceive colors differently and how what seems not bold to me can seem very bold to someone else. Anyway, that dress is awesome.

13. Stephanie says:

Love it! I just bought a long sleeve dress that is pretty similar and I can’t wait to wear it with some tall boots and my hair in a scarf

14. Jenni says:

Great dress! The color’s really great.

15. Nancy Face says:

Hello, cute Mandi!
    I just wanted to thank you for the great comment you left on my favorite little girl’s blog! (She’s my ONLY little girl, but my favorite nonetheless!)

16. super mod is always a good thing :)

17. Dena says:

I’m not going to lie, I don’t always like your outfits (but i really like your blog!!! – I check it everyday). But this is so cute!!! You look really great!!!

18. steffy says:

beautiful dress and i love the black hat!
    Steffys Pros and Cons

19. Alexandra says:

I love your style, especially your dress in this post! Could you give me some insight into how it fits? I was considering ordering the same dress in another print, but I’m a solid size 12 (41-31-42) and fact that it only goes up to a “L/10” has made me hesitant. Any help would be appreciated!

20. Mandi says:

Alexandra, I SO understand your hesitations. I usually have trouble knowing what size to order, because I am curvier. And that is to say, my waist is small, but my bust and shoulders are not. I’ll give you my general and then specific advice for ASOS shopping. Their sizes usually run large, and while I am usually a size 12 (bust and hips), I order a size 10 from them and have even had to return because it was a bit too large! It’s great for the ego. haha
    As far as this dress in particular goes? I would say, if you are larger than a 38DD (my size) and have unusually large shoulders, then it might be too small for you. These are the two areas you have to watch out for with this cut of a dress. If it’s too tight in the shoulders, you will have to be careful raising your arms, or you might expose your ass to the whole world. Anways, I LOVE this dress, and it’s super comfy on me, not restricting in any way. And yet, still flattering! I like my legs the most (out of all of my body parts haha), so I guess it’s the best style of dress to downplay all of my other features.
    Okaaaay…. I’m rambling now! Sorry! But I hope you could sort out some advice from all of that. :)

21. Alexandra says:

That actually helped a LOT. I’m now confident that my 36D will fit into this fine, I only hope I can look as adorable and chic as you! Thank you so much

22. I LOVE this look on you. You wear hats better than anyone.

23. Meanz says:

Love that dress and your hat :)

24. Janine says:

i loved this outfit! this might be my favourite outfit post so far! :)

25. skunkboy says:

L-O-V-E this dress on you!!