Wardrobe | The First Day of September

2011_09_01

It’s the time when my mind drifts to the thoughts of bonfires, cozy cardigans, and scenic drives. The beginning of September isn’t yet the beginning of Autumn, but it’s still a sweet reminder that my favorite season is on its way. The weather here is still sticky hot during the day, but mother nature is gracious enough to give us cool, breezy evenings to keep us happy until October.

In looking forward to Fall, I decided to wear an unusual color combination reminiscent of what Canton looked like last October. Beautiful warm burgundy and orange. Keeping it casual with a t-shirt, of course I had to add some contrast with pretty wedge shoes and lacy socks.

O U T F I T   D E T A I L S :

shirt: thrifted | skirt: thrifted |shoes: UO 2010 | socks: Hue | belt: Clothing Warehouse

2011_09_01b IMG_1663

1. Ciara says:

Neat to read Clothing Warehouse on here! I live in Atlanta, and never knew they had other locations. I’m guessing you stopped by the one in Savannah? They’re great, huh?

2. Naomi says:

I LOVE this!! Absolutely love how you combined the pink/purplish color (is it tyrian?) with fire engine red!

3. zelina says:

Mandi these are some killer pics you looks so beautiful and I love that your sporting a San Antonio shirt. That’s where I live in hot ol’ Texas :)

4. Kim says:

Hi Mandi! I love this outfit! You look wonderful! I am looking forward to the fall! I love the long skirt and the color of it and how you paired it with that awesome shirt!! I love fall. I love the cool brisk mornings, the color of the leaves, pumpkin picking, and all that fun stuff!
    Take care!
    Kim

5. Aoife says:

This outfit is so rad, like a fun mash-up of the 50s and 60s! The way you put pieces together is so inspiring. Love!

6. kari says:

love the colors with your skin! so so perfect.
    xo

7. Julia says:

Lovely look + gorgeous surroundings! That looks like the perfect September day to me!
    xx.

8. bonita says:

~ * ? * ~
    Gorgeous outfit Mandi ~ I love your skirt and the contrast between the casual tee and the pretty socks & wedges is perfect. This looks like such a perfect, comfy outfit!
    Now I think I know what to do with all of my unloved tees that I have been ignoring because I didn’t know how to style them! : D
    xox,
    bonita of Depict This!
    ~ * ? * ~

9. Yay, t-shirts! :) I love the kind of tone-on-tone-but-not effect of this – super-cute!

10. Meanz says:

I love how comfy and adorable this outfit is! Also the color combination is awesome! I love the bright red and wine colors :)

11. JustBean says:

lovely photography! we LOVE autumn too : )

12. Rae Veda says:

I love the conrast between the fancy and casual. So cute! xo, rv

13. Sarah Nicole says:

So pretty! Love the color, LOVE the socks and wedges combo.
    xo,
    Sarah

14. Jennifer says:

WELCOME to September! Great transitional outfit.

15. Joy says:

I love how deep and rich the colours are!

16. meli says:

LOVE the skirt. And the color scheme. You’re beautiful!

17. Angie says:

This look is perfect, in my humble opinion! Plus, you look GORGEOUS in those photos :) You should put the first one in a fram for your hubby!

18. Tolly says:

Mandi, not only is this a fabulous outfit, it is all the MORE fabulous because the t-shirt comes courtesy of my hometown (San Antonio, Texas). Remember the Alamo!

19. so cute! i love your tee. i instantly thought of pee wee’s big adventure and how he went searching for his bike in the basement of the alamo. heh, heh.

20. Nora says:

Love the color combo and especially where you took the photos…so pretty!

21. steffy says:

you look BEAUTIFUL. i love the color of the skirt and the lovely buttons up the front!
    Steffys Pros and Cons

22. Moorea Seal says:

This is a super duper cute outfit on you Mandi! I wanna steal it :)
    xo moorea

23. Bem- vindo setembro! M?s das flores e do romance. Voc? est? linda, e adorei o seu estilo. Como sempre
    Welcome September! Month of flowers and romance. You are beautiful, and I love your style. as usual

24. anastasia says:

san antonio whoo! nice shirt. C:

25. Linnea says:

Happy September! I love your outfit, especially the t-shirt and shoes! I’m really excited to get a pair of boots for the fall… it would be too hot to wear them in Texas, but I can dream :o) This is my first time at your blog, and I am smitten with the design and how creative you are! Enjoy the upcoming 3 day weekend! Woooohooo!

26. What lovely little socks with these sweet shoes. I love how you put this outfit together. It looks so comfortable and classy at once.

27. Tammy says:

I love this skirt! and I love the cute little socks- I’ve been meaning to get some cute socks for awhile now :)

28. Mallory G says:

I’m trying hard to resist the urge to cut up all of my tshirts. I teach a workshop called Tshirt Surgery, so I have a TON of interesting ways to revamp an old shirt….but sometimes, like this time, they look so good on their own.

29. SO cute!!!! It looks so cute and effortless! Perfect combo of styles to be one super cute outfit!

30. Toni says:

I think this is one of the most lovely outfit posts I have ever seen….anywhere. I just love it so much.
    Toni