Inspired By: Classic and Quirky Wall Art

Inspired-by-wall-arrangements

Wall arrangements are the easiest way I become bored these days. Nail holes? I’m really not worried about them. They’re easily covered up by new art arrangements, and by the time I leave my apartment, I’ll slap a coat of drywall compound over them and sand away.

Right now I’m torn between finding some classic neutral colored art that will let my funky floral sofas and pillows shine, or even taping up lots of colorful, unframed postcards and magazine clippings. The wheels in my head are spinning!

Inspired-by-wall-arrangements-2 Inspired-by-wall-arrangements-3Images: 1 2 3 4 5

1. Elizabeth says:

Love it! I”m putting up postcards in my bathroom right now with sticky tak – so fun to look at and so many memories!

2. Alex York says:

Have you seen 300 days of Summer? I realy like his big chalkboard that is covering the whole wall in his room. I want to do something like this in my own home someday. Or have like a huge worldmap covering the whole wall where you can mark where you have been in the world, and draw on people where they live and write little comments. :)

3. Alex York says:

And stick on pictures and postcards and even little this that you brought from these placec :D:D:D

4. Alex York says:

*places not placec, hahaha xD

5. Danaioq says:

Classic and quirky wall art will make me feel so great. I like the art.

6. Lauren says:

One of my favorite parts of moving is getting to arrange my new walls. I have a lot of tacky thrift art mixed with my own work and silscreened band posters- sometimes it’s so hard to decide which look I’m going for. The photos you posted are so inspiring!

7. Katherine says:

Love the idea of collage-style wall art – with inspiring pictures, photos, and other random bits and pieces!

8. I’m constantly putting different things up on the walls, it’s such an easy way to make a quick change in a room.

9. hey!:P says:

cool! and i absolutely <3 this print http://www.artflakes.com/en/products/soup-2 and its colors! hope they will inspire you too! kisses!:)

10. Ohh, I love all these photos! I love seeing photos of wall art. It spurs me on to re-doing my room.
    xo,
    Em

11. hey!:P says:

oh, sorry for the previous post. i don’t know what happened there.. :/ what i wanted to say was
    cool! and i absolutely love this print http://www.artflakes.com/en/products/soup-2 and its colors! hope they will inspire you too! kisses!:)
    ;D

12. shelby h.k. says:

my boyfriend and i are planning to do this in our new apartment, too. he also said that his grandmother used to have framed art leaning up against walls on the floor too, which we’re going to dabble with. i looove art and unique pieces, but i also have tons of photographs i’d love to showcase (including some cut lil Postagrams).
    xx

13. These are very inspiring images! I’ve also been thinking about re-vamping the art on my walls…how serendipitous for me to find these on your blog today!

14. Trude says:

Ooo those are some pretty options! I just moved in to my new place and wall art is next on the agenda…now to decide what’s going to go where! So hard. But you’re right, it’s so easy to fill, sand and paint over old holes, what am I worried about? :)

15. Jessica says:

I adore these art collages… :-) it’s inspiring me to do this in my house!