Wardrobe | Purple and Polka Dots

2011_07_14d

There are certain colors I try to steer away from, and lavender is one of them. There really is no rhyme or reason behind it. I have just always felt that the color was “not me.” Until I bought this dress, that is. The polka dots encouraged me to go ahead and try this dress anyway. And guess what? This lavender dress probably elicited more comments than any outfit I’ve worn in well over a year. So, I guess what I’m trying to say is, sometimes going outside your comfort zone can be rewarding- especially if your reward is an extra boost of self confidence. That’s something a girl can use every day.

2011_07_14b 2011_07_14c 2011_07_14

O U T F I T   D E T A I L S :

dress: thrifted | shoes: Etsy vintage | hat: The Hidden Pearl

1. Erin says:

Did you alter this dress at all? If not, what a great find! It fits you perfectly and looks really great. I think that color looks really nice with your skin tone too!
    xo,
    Erin

2. zelina says:

cute dress Mandi and great pics.

3. Joy says:

The colour looks great on you. I love the polka dots!

4. steffy says:

that dress is PERFECT! the color, the polka dots… im in love!
    Steffys Pros and Cons

5. Kyla says:

Beautiful dress! For not liking lavender that much, the color works great on you :) I’ve never thought green looks good on me, maybe I’ll have to try that sometime!

6. Mousevox says:

i’m glad you’ve changed your mind, as this is such a flattering color on you. you look beautiful!

7. kelsie says:

ohhh la laaaaa! SO CUTEE

8. Gayle says:

Hello, I found your blog on Pugly Pixel and I’m really glad I did! You have an amazing sense of style and I really like this color on you. The hat is super cute too. :)
    And by the way, your blog layout is beautiful!

9. I’m so glad that you went out of your comfort zone and donned this pretty lilac dress. You look darling!
    XOXO

10. Katie says:

Awww, you look SO cute in this! Love the big white polka dots! :)
    Katie x

11. well guess what? it really is lovely on you!! hehe. I’m glad you get such nice comments while wearing your outfits! You should!

12. Kathryn says:

Hidden Pearl is amazing! I’m from Akron but have been living in nyc for years and HP is still the best!

13. Kim says:

Hi Mandi! What a sweet dress! It looks great on you, you look great. It fits you perfect, did you have to make any editions? I feel the same way about certain colors, I always feel that pastels will wash me out, well I wore a pastel yellow and got so many compliments, overtime I go outside my norm I always get a compliment. I guess we should take more risks!
    Take care!
    Kim

14. you look stellar in that dress,
    anna

15. romwe says:

You’re looking lovely as always, i completely adore your sweet style and photos!Thats fabulous outfit! You are beautiful and you are one of the most stylish bloggers i have seen.

16. emily says:

so cute! really love the color and the shape!