All I ever wanted was ice cream. On my walls.

Living-room-chair

Love my home. Really, I do. But sometimes I lament over the lack of “feature walls” in this wide open apartment. The only area which would qualify as such is a wall with a ginormous Tudor-Revival fireplace slapped on it, which, in fact, almost turned me off of renting this home in the first place. But! I fell for the open feel of the space, and hypnotized myself into loving the go-big-or-go-home fireplace.

So, the fireplace “focal point” and I lived happily ever after for about a year, until I saw these great, big posters from Debbie Carlos on Anja’s blog. Uninvited thoughts like “MUST HAVE,” and “OMG PERFECT!” came to mind. But, where would I put it? Hmmm… no worries. I clicked the purchase button any how. A couple of days ago I received the post in the mail, rolled it out on the floor, and then sat with my legs crossed, staring alternately at the poster on the floor, and the lack of space on my walls. Then a solution popped into my mind! Rearrange! And so, I’ve spent the last two days trying to figure out new ways to refigure the things in our home. And here is what we’ve got.

Perfect? No. But I now have ice cream on my walls, with no worry of future mold and bacteria growth. And that is all that really matters.

Living-room-ice-cream-poster

Living-room-bench

Living-room-sofas-and-fireplace

1. Phil says:

OMG – Mandi, I love what you’ve done with the apartment! The new arrangement looks fabulous! I like the idea of having a feature wall with the large ice cream poster. It looks great!
    xoxo

2. becky says:

so i had a bit of a panic.. because I got all excited about the blog title… then there were words.. and pictures… that didn’t immediately give me ice cream.
    whew. there really WAS ice cream for your walls in the end. now I want one! :)

3. Leigh-Ann says:

Man I love your house!

4. Jessica Matz says:

Your apartment is stunning! That fireplace is such an amazing piece, how fun to be able to stare at it ever day!
    Strawberry Moth

5. larissa says:

you have the most beautiful home!! So inspiring ! love it so much :)

6. Nathalie says:

I love the style of your place! Especially that insanely large fireplace. Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

7. Maria says:

This is such a cute apartment and the ice cream print goes so well!
    Maria xx

8. zelina says:

Those pics are awesome and I’m loving the decor.

9. dayana says:

so cute and matches your style

10. Wow, that fireplace – I kind of love it… but I wouldn’t know where to start living with it! Nicely done.

11. brittany says:

I’m in awe at how beautiful your home is! My apartment is such a dump and there’s not much I can do with it. It has these RIDICULOUS slanted walls/ceilings in every room that makes everything impossible! I love how wide-open your place looks. And your couch is fabulous.

12. I’d be afraid of licking that too often if it were in my home. hehehe.

13. I always get so inspired by your apartment, it’s so beautiful!

14. Becky says:

I LOVE that fire place!

15. Sasha says:

Your home is beautiful!

16. your place looks brilliant. I love the way you have the furniture arranged and that fireplace is amazing.

17. Emily says:

your apartment is so cute! I love the whimsical ice cream picture
    scarletletterstyle.com

18. This looks so lovely! I really love all the darling colors and patterns of your couch and pillows.
    XOXO

19. claire says:

as always, the photos of your phone are beautiful! But, question, in the top photo you have a red and white print of birds, where did you get that? i keep seeing it in design mags and no one is linking it! thanks!

20. Mandi says:

Claire, the post design is called “flock,” and I purchased it from Three Potato Four a couple of years ago. I’m not sure who the designer is. Hope that helps!

21. Sum says:

I am absolutely in love with your space! So dreamy.

22. The fireplace is just adorable reminds me so much to an old english house.

23. If I have the ability one day to build a house, I would definitely will made a fireplace. Just a dream.

24. Seriously just outta control charming!! Why oh why aren’t we neighbors?? Such a wonderful home!
    xoxo Jenny

25. Michelle says:

I love ice-cream and love the poster. Been eyeing it out for a while. Perhaps one day (that or the bunny poster though I think my OH will have words to say about that). Love your apartment. I love ‘real’ homes.