Wardrobe | A Casual Evolution

2011_06_03a

Ah, style ruts. If you’re a person who is even slightly thoughtful about your wardrobe, then you’ve experienced them. Cute elements like Peter Pan collars, lacy fabric, and oxford shoes have all been search elements during my Etsy scavenges, but after a while they all start to become rather tiresome.

Maybe you didn’t believe me when I mentioned I was going to start working those vintage Ts into my wardrobe. Ha! You underestimated the boredom I’ve been experiencing*. Here’s the proof, kids, fleshed out in this 1990’s Laker T.

Alright, so maybe this outfit isn’t exactly the epitome of grunge. But truly, that’s just not me. No surprise there. Sure, my definition of casual is different that most, but compared to the 1940’s getups I was wearing in the Winter, I think you will agree. I’m begin to loosen up a bit. So how about you? Been trying anything new in the wardrobe department? I’m really dying for a change and would love to hear your ideas.

*Not to say I’m going to give up my attachment to pretty things, I just have plans to mix things up more often.

2011_06_03b

2011_06_03e

2011_06_03g

O U T F I T   D E T A I L S :

• Blazer: Hidden Pearl Vintage
  • T-Shirt: thrifted in 2004
  • Purse: Avenue Antiques | Canton, O.
  • Shorts: thrifted cut-off jeans
  • Shoes: thrifted

2011_06_03d

2011_06_03f

2011_06_03c

1. Lizz says:

I love the idea of mixing vintage t’s with full long skirts. then old military/doc martin style boots. neutral make-up. messy-ish hair. or something really different: try to find a pair of skinny jeans that look relaxed and woren to go with your vintage t’s. Chuck Taylors always add some grudge to any outfit. Just some ideas. :]

2. my husband would love me if i had that vintage lakers tshirt! so cute!

3. Cathy says:

I love your hair!!!! I also love how the blazer brings just the right amount of cool to this look!!

4. I understand getting in a style rut, it’s hard to keep things fresh all the time, but I really enjoy what you’re doing. Sometimes you just gotta go with what you got at the moment, and your look is super adorable.

5. Julie says:

I love the mix of t shirt and cut off jeans with a lady like blazer and heeled loafers! It may not necessarily be ‘you’, but it looks awesome! Sometime you gotta try new things!

6. Sasha says:

Well this is great! It’s a bit of a mixed up look and you wear it so well.

7. Alexandra says:

I love this! A few months ago I ran across style blogger Betty Felon, who runs fashiontipsfromcomicstrips.tumblr.com, and her look inspired me to mix comic book elements into my wardrobe. (I’m a huge comic book fan, but the idea could work just as well for others’ unique interests, like sports!)

8. anastasia says:

NO that’s the way to do it! It looks awesome!! Youve gotta do it in the summer, it’s so easy and cute. C:
    and i, currently, also am in a style rut. :’c

9. Courteney says:

I always find that once summer hits, my wardrobe becomes a whole lot more casual. I totally understand. I think it’s great though mixing stuff with structure like the blazer with the tee. Casual with class. ;)

10. Alex York says:

I love how you did your hair today :D Thanks for your lovely comment ;)

11. really great that you worked that vintage tee in!! good!! I like this. You look comfortable. I also think those little buttons you put on your blog is cute to see your other outfits. It definitely does not look like grunge. I think of how my older brothers’ friends looked in the early 90s (they graduated in ’92 and ’95). They were really really grungey!!!

12. zelina says:

the shirt is a nice touch and so are those braids I love wearing my hair like that.

13. I totally love how you made a tee & cut-offs elegant, miss Mandi. :)

14. brittany says:

i love this outfit! i am a big fan of mixing tee’s in with my wardrobe. my favorite is wearing them with a kinda dress skirt – i like the dressy with the casual, it is unexpected :)
    -brittany-
    prettylittlevintage.blogspot.com

15. Jules says:

I love this look! I think its the perfect mix of feminine and rock chick :) I have been reading your blog for a while now, but this is my first comment :) I just wanted to say thanks for all your creativity, you are a real inspiration to me! Jules xx

16. Alessia says:

three cheers for casual! Inspiring outfit, I love it! I’m really into clam diggers aka flood pants and boxy tops this summer. They are just so easy to wear together and can be paired with sandals or loafers easily

17. I love this casual look on you! Well, I love all of your different looks, but this is a fun summer alternative :)

18. i have about 30 different plain and patterned scarves. when i feel like i’m in a little bit of a rut, i throw on a bright and colorful one to mix it up! super easy and versatile :)

19. then old military/doc martin style boots. neutral make-up. messy-ish hair. or something really different: try to find a pair of skinny jeans that look relaxed and woren to go with your vintage t’s. Chuck Taylors always add some grudge to any outfit. Just some ideas. :]

20. Sarah-Rose says:

You are adorable!
    I just found your blog today through Elsie – and immediately added you to my reader.

21. your eyeliner always looks perfect!