All the girls stomp your feet like this.

2011_05_09c

“How the heck do you… how… You always look so granny, but you don’t look granny at all!”

It was funny to hear a friend greet me with those words, since earlier this morning, I was just contemplating how to balance out my outfit, so as to avoid looking too “come hither.” As per my usual, I changed outfits about five times before settling on this ensemble. The bodysuit (blouse) I’m wearing just made everything seem too… well, too va-va-voom. And when I looked into the back of my closet for yet another skirt option, I spied these pale pink trousers. Aha! This is the top these trousers had been waiting for. Every other time I gave the pants a chance, I just felt a bit too matronly, and while I am a wife, I’m certainly not a grandmother. So back to the rear of my closet they went- until today, when I found the perfect balance between granny and holla back girl.

2011_05_09d

2011_05_09

O U T F I T   D E T A I L S :

• Trousers: thrifted
  • Shoes: Etsy Vintage
  • Belt: hand me down from Mom
  • Hat: Etsy Vintage
  • Top: ASOS

1. zelina says:

I love the way you compose your outfits. There’s always a nice hip twist to it :)

2. Joy says:

The details are so very pretty. The hat looks great!

3. emily keen says:

You look hot!! I love the makeup you did and the outfit is great! I think the top and pants really balance each other out.

4. You look great! I completely understand searching for that one piece that will balance out an outfit in just the right way. You did a wonderful job, you look beautiful.

5. Aw, you really do look very lovely. It’s a great balance. I love the hat you added too!
    XOXO

6. There’s nothing better than granny! You look so wonderful. The trousers are especially amazing!
    x

7. Kerry says:

Love that quote :) You are rockin’ those high waisted trousers girl x

8. um, definitely not granny! so cute and chic!

9. Seriously, beautiful!

10. islabell says:

you are totally rocking those pants lady! That hat adds a “certain je ne sais quoi”. I love finding forgotten things in the backs of wardrobes. One of my students told me I had the same sweater as his grandma today! :) i’ll take that as a compliment!
    x

11. katrina says:

i’ve put my tattoo dreams to rest long ago. seeing yours makes me really really want one! so pretty.