Rainy Days and Mondays

2011_04_04b

Lately I’ve been contemplating how difficult it is to maintain a fashion blog in the rainy days of Spring. Which made me remember thinking how difficult it was to keep fresh posts coming in with all the snow on the ground. Well, then we have the summertime, when outfits become a bit more boring as layers disappear. My oh my! The midwest, I’ve always thought, is best, but quite difficult to keep things fresh. But instead of whining, I’ve decided to really step up my game and face the weather challenges head on. A little competition with the elements can be motivating, if you look at it the right way.

And so, I give you, my mini photo shoot in the rain. Take that, Ohio weather!

2011_04_04c

2011_04_04

O U T F I T   D E T A I L S :

• Blouse: Canton, Ohio antique expo
  • Skirt: thrifted
  • Shoes: Etsy vintage
  • Umbrella: Ebay

2011_04_04d

1. DELICIOUS little skirt!

2. Alessia says:

Love this colour combination! a perfect spring outfit. Well done :)

3. That skirt is to die for! Inspiring as always.
    Yours,
    Ashley

4. Jessie says:

i love this outfit! the colors look great together. and way to face the rain!

5. the orange and baby blue are so perfect together! and the fact that you have bare legs means that you’re getting better weather than nyc, rain or no.

6. Vanessa says:

you hair looks lovely! And so does your face ;)

7. I feel ya. Even without doing fashion-ey posts, the spring can feel rather dreary with the rain! lol. I *love* your skirt, and your hair looks lovely like that! Makes me want to grow mine out a little bit… :)

8. Such a great outfit. I understand, it’s hard with all this rain to get out there and do outfit posts, but you did a splendid job!
    Love.

9. hannah says:

this is pure spring perfection- i love the color mix and that blouse is superb. the lil oxfords are just a cherry on top!

10. Amelia says:

so gorgeous, makes me long for rain which i never do haha. that second photo is especially beautiful & i love peter pan collars.

11. zelina says:

the color of hte skirt is gorgeous!!

12. I love the feel of these photos! So lush.

13. emily keen says:

How gorgeous is this photo shoot?! I really love the outfit too! The blouse is fantastic, as are those adorable shoes.

14. courtney says:

oh i LOVE those shoes! pretty photos. i am glad you are staying motivated.

15. Sarah says:

These pictures are gorgeous! It’s like they’re from another time. ?

16. Sasha says:

Take that rain indeed!

17. katrina says:

i admire your persistence!
    this outfit is DARLING. love the proportions, the colors and those SHOES!

18. sasha farina says:

lemme tell you this —>> not fair! you look gorgeous in whatever you wear!! i might wear the same outfit and look like little miss frumpy!

19. deja says:

I completely understand about the rain. In general I just have trouble posting outfits because I’m lazy but winter was very difficult for me, since I take all my own photos so I’m glad the weather is warming up.
    We have had some rainy days as well in upstate NY. I did a post on my blog yesterday showing how much fun rain could be, especially when it’s warm.
    Love the outfit, the colors are beautiful! :)

20. Christy says:

I could not agree more with the first paragraph of this post! Geez, how often do I find myself saying, “It’s so tough to blog in [insert season here], because [insert reason here]”? You’ve done a great job outsmarting the rain, though. ;)
    I’m sort of crazy about the top you’re wearing; why don’t I ever find things like that at the antique fairs here in Pennsylvania? And mustard yellow is always a winner in my book. <3

21. Drew from MPLS says:

This is easily my favorite outfit you’ve posted in the past couple years. Effortlessly gorgeous!

22. oh you are so right! it was raining for about two months here and i was really starting to get down. i wanted to dress for the spring, but the weather kept demanding closed toe shoes and rain coats! i definitely feel your pain, but i admire that you’re pushing through it! this look is certainly fresh! i loooove the blouse!

23. Your photos are just so gorgeous, all the time. They really look like something from Anthropologie, you know…where every photo seems to tell a story of it’s own. And I agree completely about this Ohio weather…it’s always something!!! xoxo

24. I think the rainy day atmosphere actually adds a lot of beauty in these shots especially. It makes it look a bit like Ireland to me which I feel is the most beautiful place in the world. hehe. I love your shoes.