Living in a Soundtrack

2011_03-25C

Do you ever wonder what it would be like to have a soundtrack to your own life? Every happier moment would be even happier with a stringed orchestra accompanying it. Of course, sadder moments would be sadder, but who wouldn’t like the opportunity to know when a disaster is coming along? (Cue the Jaws theme song…)

Lately I’ve been listening to music nonstop, and since it’s sort of an opportunity to choose my own life’s soundtrack, I’ve been indulging in the lovely sounds of Henry Mancini and his orchestra. It also reminds me of my grandma, which is quite nice.

2011_03_25D

2011_03_25E

2011_03_25

If you were choosing your life’s soundtrack, what music would you play?

O U T F I T   D E T A I L S :

• Dress: Modcloth
  • Sweater: thrifted
  • Hat: Secret Past Vintage (Cuyahoga Falls, OH)
  • Tights: Hue
  • Shoes: thrifted (they are beginning to squeak! Oh no!)

2011_03_25B

1. you really love your grandmother. that’s amazing. I wish I could have said the same about my grandmothers, but sadly they were both selfish sad people who cared for only themselves.
    I love this outfit you’re wearing. Your hair really does look great that color. I love the checkered wall art.

2. Deja says:

You are wearing one of my favorite colors! And woah you dyed your hair!? It looks fantastic.
    Your grandmother sounds like she was a fantastic woman.

3. bargain bex says:

soundtrack to my life? hm. i’d have to go with anything sigur ros. dreamy escapist stuff.

4. Joy says:

You look really good! I was just thinking about the same thing today (soundtrack) and I think mine would be something by either Dario Marianelli or Alexander Desplat.

5. Phara says:

Haha, that would be brilliant! My soundtrack would be a folksy one at the moment, just lounging in the sun with Noah and the Whale, William Fitzsimmons, a bit of Bon Iver and off course Mumford and Sons.
    X

6. islabell says:

these photographs are just beautiful. I love your bold cardigan and pretty dress. Its funny how much music can effect your life too. I feel certain that i can be put in high spirits if i play a favorite song first thing in the morning.
    Happy to have found your lovely blog lady.
    x

7. Anonymous says:

Your new hair color really complements your outfit, and I think that hat adds a simple but special touch. You look stunning, that’s for sure.
    My soundtrack would include songs by Prince, The Beach Boys, The Ronettes, and Fleetwood Mac. I’d probably never need to listen to another album again.

8. The-Dame.com says:

Your blog is so pretty! What a pleasure to visit :)

9. katrina says:

high 5 to henry mancini! i’ve been listening to the breakfast at tiffany’s soundtrack — it’s so hip and so cool, i feel like snapping my fingers every time i hear it (well, except for moon river, that is — i feel like crying every time i hear that one).
    you look lovely in every color, but i think i love green on you best!