Every honey bee fills with jealousy.

2011_02_27b

The purchase of this pretty pink coat was a timely move, as shortly after I received it in the post, Pantone announced its color of the year. After reading the description of Honeysuckle pink, I was completely convinced that this was the perfect little end-of-winter coat.

The intensity of this festive reddish pink allures and engages. In fact, this color, not the sweet fragrance of the flower blossoms for which it was named, is what attracts hummingbirds to nectar. Honeysuckle may also bring a wave of nostalgia for its associated delicious scent reminiscent of the carefree days of spring and summer.
– Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute?

2011_02_27d

2011_02_27

2011_02_27c

Are you so excited for all of the bright colors popping up in the fashion world these days? I have probably mentioned before that sporting lots of color is not a typical fashion move for me. It’ll probably be a bit of a challenge, but I’m definitely up for it! More colors, more pattern, and much more fun.

2011_02_27e

2011_02_27f

O U T F I T    D E T A I L S :

• coat: Allen Co Vintage on Etsy
  • dress: Sally Jane Vintage on Etsy
  • tights: hand-me-down 1980s from Mom
  • blouse: thrifted
  • gloves: The Secret Past (Cuyahoga Falls, OH)
  • shoes: Rampage
  • purse: thrifted

1. Nesha says:

beautiful coat! the colour of that teamed with the colour of your tights is so pretty! i love how frequently you post, you’re the one blog i know that doesn’t wait five days to post something else! i’ll never get bored of this one :)

2. maeve says:

love this! I’m inspired to add some more colour and pattern to my wardrobe as well. I really like your hair up too!

3. That coat is pure magic. As are the photos!

4. sophie says:

this color goes perfectly werell with your hair!! you look fabulous in that outfit! love hte shoes!!

5. Ashley says:

I was just reading about how honeysuckle was the IT color for this year! I agree, it’s such a lively shade, perfect for spicing up any outfit :)
    xx
    MILK TEETHS

6. Dena says:

You look so pretty! I think this is your new color with the new hair and all – it really looks great on you!

7. Stephanie says:

Favorite pictures of you yet!
    Your hair looks so adorable like that, perfect for the photoshoot.

8. Lila says:

Your photos are wonderful!

9. the coat looks very fetching on you and the color is divine, what a great purchase

10. Danielle says:

I love this look. You are seriously goooorgeous! <3

11. Linnea says:

I’m loving the color on you!
    Have you been wearing less lipstick/make-up to balance the colorful wardrobe additions?
    You look sooo different with your make-up styled differently…you always look polished and beautiful though…(I feel like I look the same no matter how I do my make-up)

12. I love that third picture and the very last one. They have such an old timer, romantic feel to them, like you’re straight out of another decade. Lovely.

13. Cheray says:

That coat is such a gorgeous colour & the description of the pantone colour of the year suits it to a t! :)
    I’m attempting to add more colour to my wardrobe – the past 4 years it has been mainly black (due to a uniform restriction for work & my general laziness!) so I’ve been adding lots of bright florals for this fall
    lovely x

14. zelina says:

You look so different here. i lov eit. You;re hair, tights, shoes EVERYTHING!!

15. I am *loving* that coat!! :) The color is fabulous!

16. I love bright colors so yes, it is exciting to see them. I don’t like neons though!!! You’re lovely in your outfit!