Black, and Blue, and Brown All Over

2011_02_24e

How many black hats is too many? I have so many little black hats, and yet I don’t even own one little black dress. Often, I think that black accessories are much more bang for my buck, since I wear hats so much more often than I do simple dresses. Black hats and tights look great with most outfits. Even this one. Why yes, I did wear black with navy blue, and brown!

2011_02_24b

2011_02_24d

I think the idea of not being able to wear black, navy, and brown together is downright silly. Why not? I think this outfit would have been decidedly boring had I stuck with one of the neutrals, instead of all three. Although, I suppose wearing plaid with plaid is never boring, eh? ;)

2011_02_24c

O U T F I T    D E T A I L S :

• Blouse : The Hidden Pearl (it’s actually a dress!)
  • Vest : Thrifted
  • Skirt : Thrifted
  • Hat : Secret Past (Cuyahoga Falls, OH)
  • Shoes : Etsy
  • Purse : Thrifted
  • Gloves : The Hidden Pearl

2011_02_24

1. amanda says:

I couldn’t agree with you more about the brown, black and blue thing. Who exactly is it that first uttered those words because I would like to have a word or two with them. Ha. I especially like brown and black together. I mean c’mon people send models wrapped in foil down the runway and call it couture. I think all bets are off at this point.

2. Whitney J says:

my husband thinks i’m crazy but i love wearing dark blue & black together! next time i’ll have to try all 3 :)

3. Stef says:

Awesome look.
    Nobody ever taught me them, apart from the odd classmate trying to safe me from fashion faux pas throughout secondary. I don’t think they are much use. I definitely love this colour combination :)
    Black is so out of my comfort zone, it is the only colour I am quite helpless with. Love the way you use it! And those gloves are divine!

4. Stef says:

Doh. Them = fashion rules.

5. gee says:

i own a lot of black dresses but no black hats!! :)
    the plaid on plaid is perfect.
    as always i love your outfit and your a BEAUTIFUL!
    xoox

6. Ginny says:

yessss im such a fan of pairing a long-ish pencil skirt with a short day dress. it doubles my work wardrobe…and then i can just lose the pencil skirt for happy hour!

7. Phara says:

What a gorgeous blouse/dress! :) I love black hats, they make every outfit look ten times better. I’m quite addicted.
    X

8. I have always held to mixing black, brown, and navy, and I love this mixture!
    Love.

9. Amanda says:

So weird, I had worn navy and brown and black together the other day and after realizing it and thinking about how silly a rule it was, had been grumbling to myself about it all day… what a stupid rule! they’re three amazing neutrals that look great together (when done properly, of course)

10. no black hats are too many to have. I would own more hats if I had a place to keep them!! I only have 3 black hats myself. . .but again as stated. . don’t have that many hats!
    I love the colors and think this outfit is great!