Snow Bunny

2011_01_24b

Maybe it’s because I was born on the fourth day of the year… but I’ve always been a winter kind of gal. I adore playing in the snow, watching the winter Olympic games, and snuggling up by the fire with a ball of yarn and my crochet hook. I know a lot of people around here (Northeast Ohio) like to rain (or should I say snow?) on my parade, complaining about the mad winter precipitation and freezing temperatures we have. But I’ve been keeping warm and happy. :)

2011_01_24

I think my ultra glamorous snow boots are helping me quite a bit! ;) I’ve had a lot of people comment on how warm they look, and I tell them, “Yeah! I just found them and they’ve been my life savers.”

“Found them?” they say. “Where did you get them?”

“Oh, uh… By ‘found them,’ I mean, like, I actually found them at my house. I have no idea where they came from or how long they’ve been there.” And that’s when I embarrassingly expose myself for the vintage clothing pack rat that I actually am. Hence the sleep-in closet idea.

2011_01_24c

Outfit details:

dress: My Secret Closet | hat: adVintageous | boots: thrifted 2 years ago? | tights: hue

1. Louise says:

I feel exactly the same way about the winter. I love it! And that helps living in the UK ;)
    Your dress is gorgeous, such a lovely print x

2. Maria says:

Your hat and dress are amazing! You look like a perfect vintage snow bunny.
    BTW, I’m loving your hair so much!
    xx
    Maria
    Lulu Letty

3. Cheryl says:

I’m a January birthday too and I definitely love winter.

4. Cedar says:

What a fabulous dress!

5. Mindy says:

i just have to say?i was totally surprised when you dyed your hair, but it is KICKIN.
    so gorgeous on you. from a fellow ginger ;)
    ~Mindy

6. Caketin says:

Awesome outfit, that hat is to die for!

7. calivintage says:

i know you’ve had the color for a while, but i don’t think i ever stopped by and actually told you how much i love it! you look stunning! and that dress… wow!

8. Mallory G says:

I love my Ohio winters.
    Especially my snowdays.
    I need a break from those high school boogers sometimes.

9. I can’t decide whether I love the hat or the dress more. Finding clothes in the house is fine, I was concerned for a moment you might have found them in the street ;)

10. Love your hat! I wish I could partake in your enjoyment of the winter months but after about the third snow storm I am praying for spring.

11. Deanna says:

Oh my gosh! That dress is completely magical! Lovelovelove. I love that color combination.
    <3 Deanna
    of: http://barefootblogginglove.blogspot.com/

12. jac says:

that dress looks fab with your new hair color. so pretty!

13. I’m so glad to hear that you love the winter! I do too. Nothing beats warm fires, lots of hot chocolate with Bailey’s, skiing and snowshoeing. Winter always makes me feel so pretty too…I think I must truly be an English Rose!

14. Courteney says:

That dress is fantastic!

15. Meghan says:

Sadly relatable! I adore that dress, btw! So, so cute!

16. LOL Great finds! And that hat is great too! Not to forget the bold pattern of your dress is amazing :)

17. Ginny says:

I want some snoooowwwww!!!! It’s sooo pretty. I haven’t seen any since Dec 09 when I went to Omaha to visit the boyfriend, but since I got him down to Texas, I don’t get to play in the beautiful snow anymore.(But he’s here so it’s a fair trade) Lovely!

18. Looking at this makes me want to live in the coldest place ever. . .and you know from my tweets I’ve liked that idea. haha.

19. courtney says:

love your hair and your hat! i find stuff in my closet all the time… doesn’t everyone?
    -Courtney

20. oh this is so lovely. I adore the dress (beautiful pattern) and the fuzzy hat combo – adorable! I just wore my hubby’s fuzzy hat the other day with a vintage skirt, it’s a look I am loving right now. And I am loving your lovely, lovely blog. xx veronika