The Ascot in Action

December-27

I have a camera again! Hooray! Well, a borrowed camera. And a husband who is home to take photos for me. Photos always turn out better when there is a man I love behind the lens.

December-27c

This is the outfit I wore last week when I blogged about ascot outfits. I’m quickly running out of layering pieces to vary my wardrobe, so I think I will probably be making a trip to the thrift store this week. Lately I’ve been on the lookout for wooly jumpers, vests, cardigans, and long sleeve patterned shirts to wear under the former.

December-27b

Photos taken by Phil outside our apartment.

Outfit Details:

dress: thrifted | sweater: thrifted by Kyle | hat: Avenue Antiques (Canton, OH)
purse: thrifted | gloves: Kohls 2008 | shoes: Rampage 2007

December-27d

1. Beatrice says:

Love this outfit! ascots are one of the best things ever! ^,~

2. nicole says:

This is such a sweet outfit! I love the colors, and that ascot is wonderful :)

3. Lauren says:

Absolutely gorgeous outfit & the photos are amazing! Your husband is a brilliant photographer.

4. The gloves make this outfit ROCK. granted it already did rock anyway!

5. Jenni says:

I love ascots, and this one is no exception. Love the purple dress with the rust-colored sweater, and your purse is really neat.

6. Wangari M says:

Such a great outfit, really love the colours and that lovely jumper.

7. Kim says:

Ascots are my ALL TIME FAV way to dress up an outfit if I’m feeling a little ‘blah’. I often use a cute summery scarf over a band tee or non-collared shirt to give it a little more class. [: Such a great idea with the cardi, I’m definitely trying that! You are the best best best! and i love your new year photos and the one of your friend sticking his tongue out all out of focus. rock on 2011!

8. I love this outfit. Such fantastic pieces and you make them all work together so nicely!