red dresses, potatoes, and snowflakes galore

December-16

During the two weeks leading up to Christmas, I plan to take the utmost advantage of all of the red in my wardrobe. It’s an exciting time of year full of holiday parties, potlucks with family and friends, and wearing huge coats to stay warm.

In addition to the excessive amount of red I plan to wear, we have been consuming leftover potatoes with every meal. I learned how to make potato cakes, and tonight I’m making shepherd’s pie, but I know there will still be lots of taters left. Any tips on some different recipes involving mashed potatoes? My husband will thank you. ;)

December-16c

Outfit Details:

red dress: The Hidden Pearl | hat: thrift
belt: Dillards | gloves: The Hidden Pearl
shoes: Etsy | Coat: The Hidden Pearl

December-16b

1. George says:

I’m totes diggin’ the outfit, ma’am! And mashed potatoes are my absolute favy food! Mmm. I’m loving the blog!
    Cheers,
    George

2. amanda says:

love the red with the fur!! your dress is super adorable and you look so festive :) my husband would be so jealous! he loves shepherds pie, but i never make it for him. last time his parents visited us, his mom made it so i was off the hook. but i hope you come up with some other yummy recipes!

3. Beatrice says:

I love this outfit!! so cute!! ^,^

4. Letty says:

Hello there!
    This dress is so christmasy and yet so classic too, looks great on you!
    Here is a French recipe for your potato laftovers.
    But be careful not to get confused like Rachel Green and mix it up with a trifle (cf a memorable “Friends” episode!)
    xx

5. Carly says:

I WANT THAT HAT! and the coat! and the dress! and…everything else.

6. Chaucee says:

This is the perfect time for red. Great outfit!

7. Jenny says:

Super cute! You should make the mashed potatoes , and then make a gravy with chicken broth and flour and mix in some shredded chicken. Serve over toast. It’s like a diner meal of sorts. Major comfort food ;)

8. Tracey says:

Great outfit! :)
    I love indulging in both red and yellow coloured things at this time of year … go figure!
    I adore mashed potatoes – I like mine whipped with butter, sour cream and salt … YUM!! :D

9. Wow, this is a gorgeous dress!

10. dream dress, its so pretty. I made potato soup the other day and that was a winner

11. Kim says:

have you tried Bubble And Squeak? really good english meal.
    basically:
    Mash some potatoes.
    Cut up some bacon and cabbage.
    Cook the bacon in a pan.
    Add in the cabbage to the pan when the bacon is nearly done.
    Then add the mash potatoes to the bacon and cabbage in the pan and mix together while it frys a bit (it should form a kind of ball).
    You should get some really tasty, filling, warm meal and it’s pretty easy- the hardest part is the last bit when you’ve got a big lump of mash on the fry pan.
    i’m sure there are good veggie recipes for similar dishes. I’ve used sausage instead of bacon in a pinch and i’m sure spinach would work well too. :]

12. beth says:

I love that hat so much! what a wonderful find!

13. emma says:

everything about your outfit is a dream come true! The perfect red, and vintage fur! Pretty pretty.
    As far as mashed ‘taters go, what about twice baked potatoes? I guess you don’t have the potato skin to bake in still, but you might just be able to form the leftovers into little potato croquets, sprinkle with blue cheese, and pop in the oven!

14. I know I’m late, but colcanon is fantastic with leftover mashed potatoes and so is shredding some veggies in them, shaping them into patties, breading them lightly, and pan frying. Yum.