Thrifted Attire and Thrifting Adventures

November-29b

Today I felt an irresistible urge to head to the thrift store. So around lunchtime I headed out to the Salvation Army, realizing as I stepped through the doors that most of what I was wearing had been purchased there!

November-29e

I had tremendous luck, and even though I had only intended to get a few really awesome things, I ended up in line at the checkout with an entire cart full of lovely things! The people behind me were sure to switch lines, which was lucky for them, because after the lady had rung up all of my clothes, I realized that I left my I.D. in the dress I wore dancing last weekend. So they had to void my entire transaction, per their no-photo-I.D.-no-credit-card policy. Gaaaah!

November-29f

Fortunately, there was an ATM close by, so I was able to scurry back and get all of the clothes that they were holding for me at the register. What a hassle! It’s okay, though, because I shall only treasure the clothes more so now than I would have before. I love it when shopping is truly an adventure.

November-29d

Photos by Phil

Outfit Details:

Skirt: thrifted | Blouse: thrifted | Belt: thrifted
Coat: thrifted | Purse: courtesy of Mamushka Marie
Shoes: Rampage 08 | Tights: Hue

November-29c

1. Meghan says:

Hilarious story! Thank goodness there was an ATM close by. That coat is magic!

2. Chaucee says:

This quote is truly a rare find. I love it!

3. Stephanie says:

Hue is my favorite brand of tights!
    Lovely outfit, esp that jacket. Looking beautiful as usual

4. Shy says:

I would say thrifting is my favourite hobby! I love all the details of this outfit. I did an almost purely thrifted outfit today on my blog to without planning it! Haha
    Shy

5. Yay! I had good luck thrifting this weekend too! Love your outfit.

6. Michelle E says:

UGH so frustrating! I need to go thrifting again its been so long!!

7. Carys says:

Glad you did manage to get the clothes! I love this outfit, your skirt and blouse are so nice, and that is possibly the most glamourous coat ever.
    From Carys of La Ville Inconue

8. zelina says:

you find the cutest places to take photos at :)

9. futurelitn says:

I love the color of your tights with that skirt! That coat is insanely adorable too!

10. sPam says:

I’ve been a huge fan of you since you first commented on my post in Chictopia! And most of my favorite photos are of you! Finally getting to comment here. Huge fan of your style and taste. And I think we all understand that itching feeling to shop! HAHA! Thank god there was an ATM!
    Hope you can drop by my blog sometime!

11. What a gorgeous coat you’re wearing! That is really great that the Salvation Army by you has such great things. All the stuff in the ones by me are things from the 90s and newer :(