The Habits of Dressing Oneself

November-14e

Keeping a blogging journal of one’s fashion leads to ultimately discovering patterns in the behavior of clothing oneself. And by patterns, I don’t only mean stripes, houndstooth, or florals. But you will see a lot of that in my wardrobe, and even all of that in this particular outfit! Good golly.

November-14c

November-14d

Some of my more recent fashion habits:

• pairing black with brown
  • dark colors on the bottom, light on top
  • matching my hat (or belt) with my shoes
  • exposing my cuffs when layering shirts
  • loving ascots and bows (especially at the neck)
  • donning pleated skirts

November-14f

November14

Photos by Phil

Listening to: Alexi Murdoch’s Time Without Consequence

Outfit Details: | hat: thrifted | jacket: UO ’09
blouse: thrifted | skirt: thrifted
tights: Hue | boots: vintage from eBay ’04

1. Jenn says:

I looove this outfit! I almost bought a pleated skirt yesterday at the thrift store & now I am going to go back & get it tomorrow, yay! The second to last picture of you is great! I love your smile!
    Jenn
    (not hitting on you here! lol)

2. Jo says:

This post got me thinking….
    How we dress ourselves is such a reflection on where we are in our lives, emotionally.
    I love it!

3. gee says:

you have given me inspiration for a jacket like the one your wearing..that has never been worn and is lonely in my closet.
    thank you. this is why i love blogging.
    you look absolulty beautiful i am loving the pleated skirt paired with the cowboy boots.
    amazing.
    xoox

4. So cute, love your hat and boots combo!

5. Totally loving the skirt, it was definitely made for twirling!

6. boots with skirts or dress’s is my favorite..i practically live in them..i needed to change things up, but I love it! fave combo!

7. Stacy B says:

The pic with the blowing skirt should go in your hall of fame. Love the emotion and background there… so cute.

8. hannah says:

you are adorable! i think finding patterns in what we wear makes it so much easier to get dressed in the morning- we know what looks good! of course it is changing all the time as well..

9. Hannah says:

I know that I don’t really wear any strong colours at all, and that’s ok. I prefer patterns with subtle colours generally.
    I love your pleated skirt :D

10. This is such a timely look! I’ve been brainstorming my transition from fall to winter, since I’ll be moving from California to Ohio in mid-December (ahh!), and this gives me good ideas. It’s totally wearable for fall, but touches like boots and jackets are preps for winter! I can’t wait to come back!

11. Rachael says:

I’m loving pleats right now so I fell in love with your skirt…so pretty!