Before All the Leaves Have Fallen

November-9b

We’ve been having the most beautiful partly-cloudy days in Canton. Perfect for sweaters and romping through the woods. Unfortunately, I have to drive a bit to get to any wooded areas now that I live so close to downtown. But it was nice to visit my old neighborhood, grab some healthy food, and visit my dog (my brother has custody of our dog since I moved out of his house).

November-9

Speaking of clear skies, I’ve been stalking the mailbox this week as I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my most recent piece of photography equipment: a neutral density filter. It would be perfect for these days, keeping the sky from looking so washed out in the photos I capture. Also! A remote control. I can’t believe I’ve been taking self portraits all of these years without splurging on one of these little guys. I’m hoping these lonely photoshoots will be much easier when the postman brings me my presents.

November-9f

This day’s outfit began in the morning with a knit skirt and white blouse. After sitting at home in the morning, catching up on blogs, I was inspired to change into these high-waisted shorts. And before heading out the door, I thought I would change my blouse into this floral one with sheer sleeves. It’s kind of funny how each day my outfit evolves as the hours tick on. It also might explain the constant pile of clothes that lives on my bedroom floor. :)

November-9d

Outfit details:

blouse: thrifted | sweater: thrifted | shorts: Fletcher by Lyell (UO summer ’10)
boots: thrifted | tights: Hue | hat: Medina Antique Mall

1. Chaucee says:

Ah, I need to put some filters on my camera. Maybe that will help with the sunlight.
    And I love what you’re wearing! You have such a great extensive wardrobe. Love it : )

2. I hope your filter comes very very soon!! I love the last photo very much!

3. amy kolz says:

Hi! I live in the Cleveland area. It’s been a beautiful fall, hasn’t it? I’m hoping to get out and shoot the last of the leaves tomorrow…

4. Sally Jane says:

Don’t you love those shorts? I can’t seem to stop wearing them. Lovely photos! Hope you have good luck with your new filter and remote. I need to get one of those too!

5. gee says:

i totally agree. both of my chairs in my room are filled with clothes i keep changing from the week. i drive my husband insane.
    i love this outfit and your pictures. i love nature pictures…they make everything so calm automatically.
    the hat is perfectly beautiful.
    xoox

6. Jessica says:

Do you also use a taller tripod? Mine only comes up to about mid torso so if I want to get closer I really have to tilt the camera up…

7. zelina says:

what size of tripod are you using?

8. i’m loving all the fall photos from my fave bloggers! great one!

9. Mandi says:

Regarding tripods, mine is just a standard tall tripod from Walmart. I purchased it for around $25, and it extends twice on the legs, and the top also extends. It probably goes up to around the height of my head, or maybe around 5′. Hope that helps!

10. kim whitten says:

You will be so glad you got the remote! I love mine and it has helped my 52 week self portrait project much much easier.
    Lovely blouse and of course you are stunning as always. :)

11. Louise says:

We have a mutual friend in Christina Adam! She referred me to your blog, and I am so glad she did. You are gorgeous!

12. Sum says:

Such gorgeous photos!

13. Naomi says:

I’m actually in love with your tattoo the way you see little bits of it in outfit photo’s, it’s too lovely I can’t wait to get one inspired by yours :) Beautiful outfit as well!

14. Jenni says:

I love this outfit. LOVE–especially the shorts and the sweater! You look fantastic.

15. Ashley says:

What a great outfit. I also love your business cards! Very unique!

16. taylor k says:

you are GORGEOUS
    that outfit is lovely, i love the little fur hat!