Movie Mondays- Murder on the Orient Express

Screen shot 2010-10-08 at 6.09.12 PM

Oh, Agatha Christie + so many wonderful actors! Of course Murder on the Orient Express is one of my favorite films! Murder and intrigue on a wonderfully old-fashioned train ride through the Orient.

Screen shot 2010-10-08 at 2.23.57 PM

Screen shot 2010-10-08 at 5.42.50 PM

The dialogue is witty, the plot is intriguing (without being too confusing), and the detective is a funny mustached man with a heavy accent and snobbish attitude.

Screen shot 2010-10-08 at 4.10.49 PM

Screen shot 2010-10-08 at 6.28.41 PM

Without giving too much away, someone is murdered on the train, and it seems that everyone has an alibi. Who could it be? Lauren Bacall? Anthony Perkins? Sean Connery? Heaven forbid, not Ingrid Bergman! But they’re all in this movie, and all put on a delightful show.

Screen shot 2010-10-08 at 5.51.20 PM

Screen shot 2010-10-08 at 6.15.01 PM

If you haven’t seen this Agatha Christie story on film, you simply must. And if you already have, well, watch it again!

Screen shot 2010-10-08 at 4.36.35 PM

Screen shot 2010-10-08 at 6.30.31 PM

1. so so interesting how you keep seeing films on instant play a couple months after me. I love that though, knowing that people have seen movies I have seen! I don’t know many people who do that ever.
    that film was soooo strange to me at first but it was really interesting to learn how it went down!!!

2. Jessica says:

I could watch this every day if I had to accept some sort of strange challenge while being locked away. I would act like it was torture but then I would secretly win :)

3. Sara Roberts says:

I haven’t seen this movie version before and until it came on PBS Mystery a few months ago I had never seen it. Which is strange because I love Agatha Christie, but I found the PBS version to be very haunting and sad. I’ll have to add this movie to my queue.

4. Sue says:

I’m a huge Agatha Christie fan and this is one of my favorite film adaptations of her stories. Excellent film and cast!

5. Julie says:

Oh boy-another movie to put on the docket!

6. how do you find all these amazing movies?

7. Mandi says:

Erin,
    I think the first time I saw this particular movie was on TCM about ten years ago. I’ve seen it a couple times since then, and saw that it was available for instant view on Netflix. That’s how I watch most of the “Movie Monday” movies- via instant view on Netflix. :)

8. lilith says:

love love love agatha christie, and this movie is a masterpiece:)

9. Kennith says:

When someone writes an piece of writing he/she retains the plan of a user in his/her brain that how a user can be aware
    of it. Thus that’s why this post is great.
    Thanks!