To prove my Jimmy Stewart obsession…

HARVEY2

To prove my Jimmy Stewart obsession- oh, and to present evidence that I did indeed used to be addicted to tanning and dressing like a hippie- Pictures of my 2005 pilgrimage to Indiana Pennsylvania to visit the Jimmy Stewart Museum and act (Who am I kidding, there was no acting. This is totally legit) like a crazy obsessed person and track down Jimmy Stewart’s boyhood home. It was rather strange seeing someone pull into his old driveway and take out the trash in the very same yard he used to play catch with his father. Really surreal.

HARVEY3

Oh, and also… per reader request– a picture of me posing with the real life, not make-believe, Harvey. Oh my. The museum was awfully corny, but then, what Jimmy Stewart fan doesn’t appreciate a little heavy handedness now and then? If you are a fan of James, or Frank Capra, or old Hollywood nostalgia, or America, for that matter… you should definitely stop by. Especially if you live around Pennsylvania. Okay, I’ll tone down on the obsessive Jimmy Stewart postings for now…

HARVEY1

1. I loveeeeeee it. I have seen a picture of his bust at some military base but never saw the actual statue. How adorable. I want to go to his hometown someday and see it for myself! I don’t live that far from it either. Oh goodness you look so cute too in these shots.

2. Moorea Seal says:

awesome.
    ps i LOVE your blog banner and your outfit in these pictures is SO CUTE!

3. erin says:

i love jimmy stewart!! i want to go visit there now.

4. Sue says:

Looks like it is an adorable place to check out. I’m seeing a road trip in my near future. Thanks for posting this!

5. he he. :) Wow! You look super-tan. That was my first thought. Totally cute obsession, I think, too. :) he he.

6. Joanne says:

This is too cute. If there was an Audrey Hepburn museum out there, I would totally make a pilgrimage!
    Also, I was obsessed with tanning as well. It was kinda scary.

7. Naomi says:

Ha! Hooray for obsessions – they make us much more interesting!
    I love Jimmy in Vertigo. And when he read that poem he wrote about his dog on Jonny Carson and they both cried!!! Awwwwwww!!!!

8. Becca says:

Very cool! and as a side note~ your bangs grew out fast!!!! looks great!

9. Mandi says:

Becca,
    This picture was taken five years ago, before I cut my bangs. Theyre still at eye level right now, and my face is much more pale currently. :)

10. Robin says:

I recently went to Indiana, PA for the first time (http://lifewithoutwant.blogspot.com/2010/03/indiana-pennsylvania.html). My favorite part of the town is how Jimmy Stewart “narrates” the crosswalks. Was his “voice” used for that when you were there?

11. Dennis Towle says:

Hi Amanda. Please contact me on facebook. I am a James Stewart fan, too.
    Mr Smith Goes To Washington, It’s A Wonderful Life, The Shop Around The Corner, The Philadelphia Story… I love those movies!
    I am 39, single, live in Northern California. I’d like to learn more about you. :)
    Respectfully, Dennis