Wardrobe Wednesday- Yellow plaid

Nov-10e

This one should be called, remake of a summer classic. I loved this skirt to death last summer, and have stared rather sadly at it each day I choose my attire. But last week, I thought… “Hey, silly!  This skirt is totally a fall skirt.  Look at that orange!” I guess what’s yellow in the summer, is orange in the fall.

And speaking of orange, looking at that photo from summer reminds me how much my hair has faded back to its natural auburn. I used to dye it dark brown and go tanning a lot when I was in high school. So, the past five years have been spent growing out of these unhealthy habits. But the hair dye is something I still sometimes get those longings to do…

Nov-10

Outfit details:

Blouse: thrifted in Canton

Sweater: BCBG

Skirt: Etsy

Hat: Thrifted in Akron

Purse: Thrfited in Canton

Tights: Urban Outfitters

Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell

Brooch: Etsy

NOv-10d

Bow brooch… bow blouse…  I kind of like bows.

Nov-10c

On a side note, did you know that when you stand underneath those big power line monster looking things, you can hear really scary buzzing?  I sort of thought I might turn around to see my clone standing there staring back at me…

Nov-10b

1. anna says:

Those tights are great!

2. Danielle Dufour says:

I just need to say (firstly) that I love your outfit, and (secondly) love your music playlist. I’ve been listening to it non-stop as I do homework, reading etc… so..thanks!

3. casey says:

love these photos! Could you share how you color them in photoshop??

4. casey says:

ooh! i just saw your photoshop actions post… thank you!

5. Mandi says:

Hi Casey! I use a set of photoshop actions for all of my photos. You can learn more about them here:http://candimandi.typepad.com/heres_lookin_at_me_kid/2009/11/my-photoshop-actions.html

6. Rae Ann says:

Omg why would you ever want to dye that gorgeous auburn hair? I have almost the exact same color as you, as I’ve done those 6 week hair dyes twice in high school, but after some growing up (and serious scolding from hairdressers and customers at my old neighborhood job) I’ve vowed never to do it again. There are women who would kill for hair color like that. But anyways, I love your blog, your outift, and your hair. :)

7. iheartkiwi says:

i love a good uniform… sometimes a certain piece of clothing just feels right!
    p.s. i wore jeffery campbell’s at my wedding shoes and LOVED them. nary a blister in sight.

8. love, love, looove… as always. :)

9. super love that outfit! You’re always so cute!

10. Anna says:

One thing that I’ve always liked is your skin color. I would have never guessed you tanned a lot in the past. I don’t care for my very white skin but I’m beginning to come around slowly :)

11. Helen says:

this is a lovely outfit! and lovely photos too! gorgeous.

12. Elisha Lynn says:

I always enjoy reading your blog and seeing your ensembles. I am staying with my boyfriend’s family in Akron for the holiday. Any recommendations for thrifting in Akron?